2/9/19 - Fingerprint review was COMPLETED on I-765 and I-485
    2/12/19 - (I-485) Case b • 10/4/19 - Interview cancelled
    10/19/19 - Interview was scheduled
    12/3/19 - Interview completed!it
    12/9/19 - New card is being produced
    12/10/19 - i485 and I-130 case was approved

Comment

• Originally posted by nsmir001 View Post
      Hi everyone, I decided to share my experience with you and hope that it might help someone in the future.
      Here is the list of events so far:

Office in St. Albans, VT

01/10/2019 Documents are admitted and checks have been cleared.
      01/21/2019 RFE was issued
      01/30/2019 Biometrcis were done
      02/07/2019 According to USCIS records, I did not receive the RFE letter because It couldn't been have delivered to my house. It is called a "ghost RFE" which was a duplicate of the one I have already received.
      03/12/2019 USCIS received my documents for RFE
      03/25/2019 Ready to be scheduled for the interview
      03/27/2019 Interview for Adjustment of Status has been scheduled.

There were no updates on my other forms on USCIS official website, however DHS website shows that fingerprints have beet accepted and other forms are in the process of being reviewed.

My RFE was associated with taxes. My lawyer included in the forms the fact that my husband worked overseas for 2 months, even though we did not have a proof of that income. Explanatory letter was not enough so we had to spend a lot of time and money retrieving and translating forms from French, paying an accountant for late tax submission during tax season and (big mistake!) we submitted it via mail, instead of filing online.

In order to show that we both are on top of our Tax Filing, in RFE we also included Joint Tax Returns for 2018.

According to my lawyer, it is extremely rare that someone is being scheduled to the interview so early in the process, so there is a chance it is one of the "errors" in the USCIS system. However, I still have a hope that it is true. Both, USCIS and DHS websites show the same update as of today.

I also have heard the rumor that USCIS is trying significantly decrease the waiting time to 4 months for the Adjustment of Status.
      My husband and I just got back from our interview. Everything went great, took less than 15 minutes. Results: recommended for the approval on the spot! Yay!

Comment

• Congrats! My status updated today to Interview was Scheduled so hopefully we're not too far behind you

Comment

Hi everyone, I decided to share my experience with you and hope that it might help someone in the future.
          Here is the list of events so far:

Office in St. Albans, VT

01/10/2019 Documents are admitted and checks have been cleared.
          01/21/2019 RFE was issued
          01/30/2019 Biometrcis were done
          02/07/2019 According to USCIS records, I did not receive the RFE letter because It couldn't been have delivered to my house. It is called a "ghost RFE" which was a duplicate of the one I have already received.
          03/12/2019 USCIS received my documents for RFE
          03/25/2019 Ready to be scheduled for the interview
          03/27/2019 Interview for Adjustment of Status has been scheduled.

There were no updates on my other forms on USCIS official website, however DHS website shows that fingerprints have beet accepted and other forms are in the process of being reviewed.

My RFE was associated with taxes. My lawyer included in the forms the fact that my husband worked overseas for 2 months, even though we did not have a proof of that income. Explanatory letter was not enough so we had to spend a lot of time and money retrieving and translating forms from French, paying an accountant for late tax submission during tax season and (big mistake!) we submitted it via mail, instead of filing online.

In order to show that we both are on top of our Tax Filing, in RFE we also included Joint Tax Returns for 2018.

According to my lawyer, it is extremely rare that someone is being scheduled to the interview so early in the process, so there is a chance it is one of the "errors" in the USCIS system. However, I still have a hope that it is true. Both, USCIS and DHS websites show the same update as of today.

I also have heard the rumor that USCIS is trying significantly decrease the waiting time to 4 months for the Adjustment of Status.
          Congrats nsmir001 that's stupendous news. Do you remember what documents you took to the interview and what they asked? Also did they stamp the green card in your passport? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by AKDAGOAT View Post

Congrats nsmir001 that's stupendous news. Do you remember what documents you took to the interview and what they asked? Also did they stamp the green card in your passport? Thanks
            Thank you!!! Honestly, we were well prepared, maybe even over prepared: we had a copy of all our forms, notices and original documents that we have had submitted before, plus we had a full album with pictures (some of them were screenshots from social media with location/dates/comments and likes from our friends).

They just separated us in the beginning for like 5 minutes to ask me YES/NO questions from the forms and when we met with my husband, after that the officer invited my husband, asked a couple more things and that's it. She barely looked at our photos and did not ask for any supporting documents.

They did not stamp my passport, just told us to wait for the update in the system and for the card itself.

Comment

Thank you!!! Honestly, we were well prepared, maybe even over prepared: we had a copy of all our forms, notices and original documents that we have had submitted before, plus we had a full album with pictures (some of them were screenshots from social media with location/dates/comments and likes from our friends).

They just separated us in the beginning for like 5 minutes to ask me YES/NO questions from the forms and when we met with my husband, after that the officer invited my husband, asked a couple more things and that's it. She barely looked at our photos and did not ask for any supporting documents.

They did not stamp my passport, just told us to wait for the update in the system and for the card itself.
              Thats pretty good. Always better to be overprepared than under. Congrats again and all the best. Feel free to let us know when you get the green card. Happy for you.

Comment

• Seems like all went well as my EAD card is being produced! It's been a wild few days but I can't wipe the smile off my face right now
                Last edited by crarut01; 05-07-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Day 84 since Case is ready for an interview. The day is done. Will come back Friday if any new updates.
                  Newark Field Office. I485, I765, I130, I31 Marriage AOS
                  1/28/19 -case has been accepted
                  2/9/19 - Fingerprint review was COMPLETED on I-765 and I-485
                  2/12/19 - (I-485) Case b • 10/4/19 - Interview cancelled
                  10/19/19 - Interview was scheduled
                  12/3/19 - Interview completed!it
                  12/9/19 - New card is being produced
                  12/10/19 - i485 and I-130 case was approved

Comment

• Has anyone still waiting to be heard after their fingerprinting?
                    I have done my FP in January and my status still remains "Fingerprint review is completed"

This is so frustrating and I don't know how to contact them via phone (how do you do that?)

Anyone on the same boat? It's been 5 months and I heard nothing...

(c)9 AoS; Field office: Boston, MA

* 01/04/19 Case submitted
                    * 01/12/19 Case received
                    * 01/21/19 Receipts received except for I-131; Biometrics scheduled
                    * 01/31/19 Biometrics done
                    * 01/31/19 Fingerprint review completed for I-485 & I-765

Comment

• Originally posted by crarut01 View Post
                      Seems like all went well as my EAD card is being produced! It's been a wild few days but I can't wipe the smile off my face right now

May I ask how you expedited your process?
                      My status has been stuck at "Fingerprint review is completed" since January, and I don't know how to contact them...

(c)9 AoS; Field office: Boston, MA

* 01/04/19 Case submitted
                      * 01/12/19 Case received
                      * 01/21/19 Receipts received except for I-131; Biometrics scheduled
                      * 01/31/19 Biometrics done
                      * 01/31/19 Fingerprint review completed for I-485 & I-765

Comment

• Originally posted by citrobacter View Post

My status has been stuck at "Fingerprint review is completed" since January, and I don't know how to contact them...
                        My I765 didn't change after biometric, just fee received. i485 change to case ready to schedule interview, I don't know it should be changed to fingerprint completed or not on i765 <M
                        F2B
                        2/7: delivered
                        2/22: rejection because immigration visa is not available
                        2/26: explanation letter, sent again
                        2/28: PD
                        3/14: 3 text message, check cashed out
                        3/21: received 3 NOA by mail
                        3/29: Biometric done
                        4/23: Biometric done second time
                        4/24: I485 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled Interview
                        7/30: request I765 case out of normal processing time start at SR...

8/29: call and officer request another service start at T1B...
                        9/5: received email card production

Comment

Has anyone still waiting to be heard after their fingerprinting?
                          I have done my FP in January and my status still remains "Fingerprint review is completed"

This is so frustrating and I don't know how to contact them via phone (how do you do that?)

Anyone on the same boat? It's been 5 months and I heard nothing...
                          You are lucky you've gotten the updates you've gotten already! I still haven't gotten my "Fingerprint review is completed" after my FP were taken in February. Processing time for EAD/AP is 5-7 months, and based on your receipt date you are still a bit under 4 months, unless I'm doing my math wrong.
                          Marriage to USC (Canadian)
                          Case Location: WAC/CSC

10/29/2021: I-751 Biometrics waived
                          6/17/2021: NOA received via mail.
                          6/11/2021: Text receipt confirmation of receipt notice
                          6/8/21: I-751 filed
                          8/13/19: Interview & Approval Same Day
                          8/10/19: EAD approved
                          6/26/19: Interview Scheduled 8/13/19
                          6/05/19: Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview
                          2/08/19: Biometrics Complete
                          2/07/19: Biometrics Notice
                          1/31/19: 3 NOAs (dated 1/24) received in mail
                          1/18/19: AOS Package Received

Comment

I called them and asked them to submit a request. They then emailed me asking for evidence (in my case a job offer with a non-profit and a cover letter discussing the job and financial issues). They got back to me around a week later saying my card was in production. If you are going to do it, you will need to have suitable reason and evidence to do so

My case status didn't change from "Case Was Received" until the card was in production when I used case status online, but when I used MyAccount it said Fingerprint Review was Completed. It's very odd how they are different. I took a couple of weeks for my I-485 to update on MyAccount after it changed on Case Status Online. I would check both. Otherwise, sadly it is still all about patience. I understand that I have been pretty lucky to get to this point already. I'm awaiting the notice of interview in the mail for a firm date, and I have my I-693 physical tomorrow morning

Comment

• So after my interview on Monday I was very nervous that online system was not updated with the verbal approval that I got from the officer, however, yesterday I received the confirmation notices via mail that both of my forms have been approved. USCIS website doesn’t show any changes, but USCIS DHS just updates all of the forms using previous dates without sending any notifications at all.

Im extremely glad this process is over for now. GC is being produced since the day of my interview (May 6th), so I am expecting it to be shipped on Monday next week or so. Overall it took 4 months instead of minimum of 11.4 in my region. Yay! Good luck everyone.

Comment

So after my interview on Monday I was very nervous that online system was not updated with the verbal approval that I got from the officer, however, yesterday I received the confirmation notices via mail that both of my forms have been approved. USCIS website doesn’t show any changes, but USCIS DHS just updates all of the forms using previous dates without sending any notifications at all.

Im extremely glad this process is over for now. GC is being produced since the day of my interview (May 6th), so I am expecting it to be shipped on Monday next week or so. Overall it took 4 months instead of minimum of 11.4 in my region. Yay! Good luck everyone.
                                Congrats!
                                What is your field office?
                                Married to USC West Palm Beach
                                1/25/19 I485, I765, I130
                                1/28/19 Package Delivered
                                2/4/19 Received via text that case received
                                2/7/19 Received I797 mail for all files
                                2/15/19 Received mail for Biometrics scheduled for 2/25
                                2/25/19 Bio Done
                                4/23/19 Case is ready to be Scheduled for an Interview (i485)
                                6/21/2019 Interview was Schedule Mail for 7/29/19
                                7/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced
                                7/24/2019 EAD arrived
                                7/29/2019 Interview

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X