Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I take online classes instead of on-campus during AOS processing after EAD arrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take online classes instead of on-campus during AOS processing after EAD arrive

Hey,

I'm a Canadian currently finishing up my final semester of school in the US. I've been studying in the US for some time now on a F-1 Visa. I got married a little over a year ago to a US citizen, and applied for Adjustment of Status to permanent resident (I-485) this past August. I just received my EAD in the mail after several months. Currently, I'm working part-time on campus, and I would like to get another part-time job off campus. I know under the F-1 Visa restrictions I have to be enrolled on campus full-time to maintain my F-1 visa status, but I'd like to know if it's possible now for me to take online classes instead of on-campus classes in order for me to work two jobs. Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,
    Warren

I think you should contact your DSO and inform that now you have a pending AOS. Tell them what you want to do. I bet they know what they should do because now you have authorization to work without the F1 limitations.

Maybe they need to report that you are no longer in F1 status but AOS status.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X