Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *help uscis sent back paperwork :(* the dreaded green paper

Hi all,

if someone can PM me who got their paperwork sent back to them so i can ask some questions i would appreciate it. USCIS sent us the green paper

i would like to know other peoples stories to see where we went wrong on this packet and why USCIS sent them their paperwork back

we payed with one money order (biometrics $85) one check, (i-485, $1140) and one check for i-130 ($535) i am wondering if sending a money order AND a check for i-485 caused them to send it back?

also for the people that resent their packet in did you print all new forms or send the existing forms (the ones they sent back to us have the lines on the bottom of the page)

please either PM me or respond here, your help is greatly appreciated!!

Alex

Originally posted by alexneedshelp View Post
    Hi all,

if someone can PM me who got their paperwork sent back to them so i can ask some questions i would appreciate it. USCIS sent us the green paper

i would like to know other peoples stories to see where we went wrong on this packet and why USCIS sent them their paperwork back

we payed with one money order (biometrics $85) one check, (i-485, $1140) and one check for i-130 ($535) i am wondering if sending a money order AND a check for i-485 caused them to send it back?

also for the people that resent their packet in did you print all new forms or send the existing forms (the ones they sent back to us have the lines on the bottom of the page)

Alex
    USCIS sent my packet back because I forgot to add the $85 for the biometrics, so I sent a check for the total of $1225 (I was submitting the I485, I131 and I765). I sent the I130 a month before. Since the problem was the check, I submitted the same forms, no changes were made.

Here is some info about paying the fees:
    These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Comment

Originally posted by aqmiva View Post
      USCIS sent my packet back because I forgot to add the $85 for the biometrics, so I sent a check for the total of $1225 (I was submitting the I485, I131 and I765). I sent the I130 a month before. Since the problem was the check, I submitted the same forms, no changes were made.

Here is some info about paying the fees:
      https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...ing-uscis-fees
      did your forms have all the lines on the bottom of your page and you still sent the same ones?

we sent the biometics but with a seperate money order so i am thinking that is the problem and we just need to make one check of $1225

Comment

did your forms have all the lines on the bottom of your page and you still sent the same ones?

we sent the biometics but with a seperate money order so i am thinking that is the problem and we just need to make one check of $1225
        I have read that some people send 1 check and others 2 checks without issues. Maybe an error of their part? Did they return the documents because a fee problem? I think sometimes there is a fee for the money order (when you get one), are you sure that the full amount is $85? Why didn't you send another check for $85?

Good luck.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
          I have read that some people send 1 check and others 2 checks without issues. Maybe an error of their part? Did they return the documents because a fee problem? I think sometimes there is a fee for the money order (when you get one), are you sure that the full amount is $85? Why didn't you send another check for $85?

Good luck.
          Thanks, yeah i am hoping it is an error on their part because all the forms are good. now its like, do we send new forms because these ones have lines thru the bottom. im wondering if when they send the paperwork back they tell us what part we filled out incorrectly; whether it is missing a signature or an incomplete part..

and the fee is processed at the time of payment of the money order,

Comment

My forms were exactly as I printed them. Nothing was added, no lines/circles/checks.

Try to do one check.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, yeah i am hoping it is an error on their part because all the forms are good. now its like, do we send new forms because these ones have lines thru the bottom. im wondering if when they send the paperwork back they tell us what part we filled out incorrectly; whether it is missing a signature or an incomplete part..

and the fee is processed at the time of payment of the money order,

They send a i797 notice of rejection and they tell you what went wrong. I believe it?s because the biometrics goes with the i485 fee in the same money order or payment method you sent.

Good luck. 🍀
              c9 AOS Omaha, NE.
              09/13/18 PD i485 & i130
              10/10/18 Biometrics appointment done.
              10/16/18 Case is ready to schedule interview.
              10/22/18 i765 & i131 received by USCIS.
              02/09/19 Filed online AR-11 (address change) to Brownsville, Tx.
              03/01/19 Interview was scheduled.
              03/07/19 Notice of action for interview on 04/04/19, received (scheduled in Harlingen, Tx).

Comment

Hi all,

Alex

I sent back my 765 form for missing signature and it also have the line and some number at the bottom of it. so i reprint the page with the line and send it back. you should get a form with it that tell you what you did wrong.
                May 02, 18 - File all forms together
                May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
                May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
                May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
                May 18, 18 - RFIE
                May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
                June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
                Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
                Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
                Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
                Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
                Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X