Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved - San Bernardino (6 months processing time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved - San Bernardino (6 months processing time)

Hi to all,
    Happy days for us since we got approved during the interview this morning in San Bernardino field office. Total processing time is 6 months since we filed in July.

I received few requests in different threads to post my interview experience, therefore I created a new thread so I dont need to type it multiple times. Keep in mind that my case was employment based, so the questions and focus areas will no doubt be different for family based applications.

We were called into the interview room exactly at our appointment time. We spend about one and a half hour in the interview for 5 applicants. The focus during the interview was mostly on the documentation of my job offer qualifying me for the adjustment of status and the yes/no questions for me, my wife and my child above age 14. Basically the officer went through all topics but not all questions. The other focus area was if we had ever overstayed any of our approved visa or esta waivers.

At the end he asked if I wanted to call out anything relevant and I disclosed a traffic citation. The officer indicated he was not worried about my traffic citation and he appreciated me disclosing the matter.

I brought evidence of bona fide marriage, but he did not ask about it since my application was employment based.
    At the end he reviewed our medicals and after concluding they were in good order he approved us on the spot and he gave us 5 stamped forms with the approval and approval date. He said he would put it in the system later today.

For those worried about the dress code. I saw many different kinds of clothing, so I would not worry about it too much. My wife and I dressed business casual and my kids dressed regular informal kids clothing.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
    Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
    AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
    DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
    DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
    DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
    DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
    DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
    JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
    FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
    FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Congrats.

Did they ask for any original documents previously sent with your package and did he make new copies of other documents?

Between now and our interview, I will get a new DL and Passport. I think it is a good idea to bring those with a copy and offer the copy to the officer, right?
    Last edited by Enub4; 01-30-2019, 07:41 PM.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      Congrats.

Did they ask for any original documents previously sent with your package and did he make new copies of other documents?

Between now and our interview, I will get a new DL and Passport. I think it is a good idea to bring those with a copy and offer the copy to the officer, right?
      Yes, he needed the original of all documents submitted. I had replaced my passports since the appliation and we brought and needed both the old and the new passports. They use the originals to validate that you have not falsified your submitted documents and he went through all passports page by page. I assume he wanted to validate that my travel history was accurate and confirms there was no overstay of any visa or waiver.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
      Hi to all,
      Happy days for us since we got approved during the interview this morning in San Bernardino field office. Total processing time is 6 months since we filed in July.

I received few requests in different threads to post my interview experience, therefore I created a new thread so I dont need to type it multiple times. Keep in mind that my case was employment based, so the questions and focus areas will no doubt be different for family based applications.

We were called into the interview room exactly at our appointment time. We spend about one and a half hour in the interview for 5 applicants. The focus during the interview was mostly on the documentation of my job offer qualifying me for the adjustment of status and the yes/no questions for me, my wife and my child above age 14. Basically the officer went through all topics but not all questions. The other focus area was if we had ever overstayed any of our approved visa or esta waivers.

At the end he asked if I wanted to call out anything relevant and I disclosed a traffic citation. The officer indicated he was not worried about my traffic citation and he appreciated me disclosing the matter.

I brought evidence of bona fide marriage, but he did not ask about it since my application was employment based.
      At the end he reviewed our medicals and after concluding they were in good order he approved us on the spot and he gave us 5 stamped forms with the approval and approval date. He said he would put it in the system later today.

For those worried about the dress code. I saw many different kinds of clothing, so I would not worry about it too much. My wife and I dressed business casual and my kids dressed regular informal kids clothing.

Update: 15 minutes after writing this initial post, my status updated in the USCIS app to ?New Card is Being Produced?.

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        8/17/18: Mailed via UPS to Chicago
        8/21/18: PD
        8/24/18: Fingerprint Fee Received
        9/7/18: Biometrics Letter/Appt for 9/20
        9/12/18: I-693 Courtesy Letter
        9/20/18: Biometrics Appt
        9/21/18: Fingerprint received
        10/24/18: Case ready to be sch for interview
        1/24/19: EAD ordered (I-765) and I-131 approved
        1/30/19: Combo Card
        1/31/19: SS Card
        4/10/19: Interview scheduled
        4/13/19: Interview notice received in mail
        5/15/19: Interview
        5/22/19: I130 & I485 approved
        5/28/19: GC Mailed
        5/30/19: GC Received

Comment

Originally posted by LoveDreams View Post
          Congratulations!!!
          Thanks and Congratulations to you on the Combocard!
          Last edited by BluePanther; 01-30-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Hi to all,

Congratulations 👏👏👏
            Did you have hard time finding that field office? And are there free parking spots therr also?
            My interview is coming up in few days, but I live quite far from there. So I am a bit nervous about traffic getting there. Do you think wearing jean with shirt and casual blazer will work for guys?
            Thanks so much 🙏🙏☺️☺️
            Field Office at San Bernadino

PD at August 2nd
            Biometric appointment at August 28th
            Finger print review completed at August 29th
            Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
            EAD card on hand at January 10th
            Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

Originally posted by xeradion00 View Post
              Congratulations ������
              Did you have hard time finding that field office? And are there free parking spots therr also?
              My interview is coming up in few days, but I live quite far from there. So I am a bit nervous about traffic getting there. Do you think wearing jean with shirt and casual blazer will work for guys?
              Thanks so much ����☺️☺️
              Thank you!

Yes I know your interview is coming up. It took me an hour and a half in the morning due to rush hour traffic (normally would be 50 minutes). There is a free parking lot and I had no issue to park my car there. The office is not in a very busy area, so even if the parking lot is full I am sure you can find street parking easily. The office is close to the freeway, so if you use navigation, you should find it easily. Personally I like the Waze app since it provides accurate drive times and you can see how late you should depart by incuding your arrival time and day. Just make sure you leave early enough so you arrive 30 minutes early.

Jeans with shirt and blazer should work just fine. I dont think they care about clothing very much, unless of course it makes you stand out in a negative way.

Good luck next week!

Comment

Thank you!

Yes I know your interview is coming up. It took me an hour and a half in the morning due to rush hour traffic (normally would be 50 minutes). There is a free parking lot and I had no issue to park my car there. The office is not in a very busy area, so even if the parking lot is full I am sure you can find street parking easily. The office is close to the freeway, so if you use navigation, you should find it easily. Personally I like the Waze app since it provides accurate drive times and you can see how late you should depart by incuding your arrival time and day. Just make sure you leave early enough so you arrive 30 minutes early.

Jeans with shirt and blazer should work just fine. I dont think they care about clothing very much, unless of course it makes you stand out in a negative way.

Good luck next week!
                Thank you. I will check waze to see how early I need to depart. My appointment is in the morning.

PD at August 2nd

Comment

Thank you. I will check waze to see how early I need to depart. My appointment is in the morning.
                  If you are in the morning, you should definitely add enough additional time. Traffic was heavy yesterday and it looks like that is the regular rush hour traffic.

Comment

Congrats !!

Hi to all,

Wow ! that was fast .. congratulations !
                    Time Line I-485:
                    Aug 28, 2018 - Case was received
                    Nov 09, 2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                    Aug 09, 2019 - Interview was scheduled
                    Sep 13, 2019 - Interview was completed
                    Sep 25, 2019 - New Card is being Produced
                    Sep 26, 2019 - Case was approved
                    Sep 27, 2019 - Card was mailed to me

Comment

Originally posted by M.Alvarez View Post
                      Wow ! that was fast .. congratulations !
                      Thanks!
                      Yes, San Bernardino is definitely one of the faster offices.

Comment

If you are in the morning, you should definitely add enough additional time. Traffic was heavy yesterday and it looks like that is the regular rush hour traffic.
                        Thanks. May I ask when you got approved, did they provide any approval paper or how long did it take till online status change?

PD at August 2nd

Comment

Thanks. May I ask when you got approved, did they provide any approval paper or how long did it take till online status change?
                          BluePanther wrote:
                          "...he approved us on the spot and he gave us 5 stamped forms with the approval and approval date..."
                          2 adults, 1 child over 14 and 2 younger children (if I understood correctly)
                          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                          ---
                          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

BluePanther wrote:
                            "...he approved us on the spot and he gave us 5 stamped forms with the approval and approval date..."
                            Thanks 🙏

PD at August 2nd

Comment

BluePanther wrote:
                              Correct.

More detailed timeline since the interview:
                              Jan 30th - interview and (unofficial) approval forms
                              Jan 30th - system updated to New Card Being Produced
                              Feb 1st - system update to We Mailed Your Card
                              Feb 4th - received official approval forms in the mail
                              Feb 4th - system update to Card Was Picked Up by USCIS, including the USPS tracking number

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X