Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita ks

Same sex couple. Wichita KS.

Applied for Marriage based green card on On December 21, 2017. Went in for fingerprints February 2018. Received work
    permit and Social Security Card in September 2018. Got interview notice on December 2018. Interview was scheduled for January 2019. The green card was issued and mailed to my wife within a week after interview.

Officer aksed form me for my full name and date of birth as wemm as my wifes's full name and date of birth. They went over the details of the application with us such as our current address, current employers, how much we make per an hour, to see if what we submitted is still up to date.
    My wife was then asked questions about her criminal background and history, and when my wife answered No to all, the officer asked if she has any speeding tickets. The officer wanted dates years for the speeding tickets. Then he asked for proof of a marriage, then we provided him with Photos, Utility bills, lease agreements, bank statements, and tax returns. He skimmed through the items, ( Most of these were provided at the time of submitting the application)Officer took our new lease agreement and the last year's jointly filed tax return documents.
    He was very, nice polite and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. We also had a lawyer present with us. At the end of the interview the officer provided my wife with paperwork for pending approval for her green card and said that once her supervisor approves it, we will receive the green card in the mail. We walked out of the building and my lawyer remembered that the officer forgot to ask for my medical records, so the lawyer went back, and handed the medical paperwork to the security guards and asked them to call the officer, and the officer came out and got it.

Its been a long and stressful process. I read a lot on this forum and it helped us get through the process. Im excited to share our story. Hang in there!!
    Last edited by kansas316; 02-04-2019, 12:08 AM.

Originally posted by kansas316 View Post
    Same sex couple. Wichita KS.

Applied for Marriage based green card on On December 21, 2017. When in for fingerprints February 2018. Received work permit on September 2018. Got it interview no it is on December 2018. Interview was scheduled for January 2019. The green card was issued and mailed to my wife within a week.

My full name and date of birth. My wives full name and date of birth. They went over the details of the application with us such as our current address current employees how much we make to see if what we submitted is up to date.
    I asked questions about criminal background and history, and when my wife answered No to all, the officer asked if she has any speeding tickets. The office of wanted the date and that years for the speeding tickets. Then he asked for proof of a marriage, then we provided him with Photos, Utility bills, lease agreements, thank statements, and tax return. He skimmed through the items, ? Most of these ere provided at the time of application) and took our new lease agreement and the last year?s jointly filed tax return documents.
    He was very, nice polite and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. We also had a lawyer present with us. At the end of the interview the officer provided my wife with paperwork for pending approval for her green card and said that once her supervisor approves it I will receive the green card in the mail. We walked out of the building and my lawyer remembers that the officer forgot to ask for my medical records, so the lawyer went back, and handed the medical paperwork to the security guards and asked them to call the officer, and the officer came out and got it.

Its been a long and stressful process. I read a lot on this forum and it helped us get through the process. Im excited to share our story. Hang in there!!
    Congratulations! And good to see that a lawyer made a difference for once (ensuring the medical got submitted) :-)
    Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
    AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
    DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
    DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
    DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
    DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
    DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
    JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
    FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
    FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}