No announcement yet.

F2A Category Timelines. Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2A Category Timelines. Is this normal?

Hi All,

Below is our timeline under F2A category and married to GC holder.

PD: March 2017
    I-485,765,131 and 864 send to Chicago lockbox - March 2018
    Biometrics done - April 2018
    RFE received - May 2018
    RFE response sent - May 2018
    Combo card received (with AP Approval) - Jul 2018
    I-485 Ready to schedule an interview - Jul 2018
    Interview Cancelled - Oct 2018
    I-765 and I-131 renew application sent - Feb 2019 (Since it is expiring in July 2019)

We are waiting for an interview since last July 2018. I was wondering if anyone got an interview and having a PD around the same time for F2A category at Chicago Field Office?

Originally posted by hemina60 View Post
    Hi All,

RFE received - May 2018
    I-765 and I-131 renew application sent - Feb 2019 (Since it is expiring in July 2019)

We are waiting for an interview since last July 2018. I was wondering if anyone got an interview and having a PD around the same time for F2A category at Chicago Field Office?

Your i-130 hasn;t been approved yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sinyanmei92 View Post
      Your i-130 hasn;t been approved yet?
      No. Status of I-130 is at Case received.

Comment

Hi All,

RFE received - May 2018

My PD is January 2017, also F2A
        I-130 get approved at CSC in October 2018
        485, 765 and 131 were filed in July 2018, but got an RFIE so got delayed for 2 months. I'm still waiting for Combo card, and hopefully interview come after.
        01/2017: I-130 Sent to CSC (F2A)
        07/2018: I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent
        10/2018: I-130 Approved
        04/2019: Received Combo Card, I-485 Ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Comment

Originally posted by cheklapkok View Post
          485, 765 and 131 were filed in July 2018, but got an RFIE so got delayed for 2 months. I'm still waiting for Combo card, and hopefully interview come after.
          How come your I-130 got approved before an interview?

Comment

I-130 Approval is must before your i485 application is processed or filed.

Hi Hemina,

My PD is 11/28/2016, also F2A category.

My I-130 got approved from CSC on May 2018, then we filed for I-485, I-765 in June 2018.

I got my EAD - October 2018, interview is not yet scheduled. My Field office is Philadelphia.

my Priority date is now(Feb 2019) current for my country F2A, so i started to recieve email notifications that my case is still being reviewed but not changes at this point. hoping to hear an interview date scheduled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cheklapkok View Post

Hi Cheklapkok,

How did you start filing for your I 485 without I-130 approval, hope your country quota was current otherwise it is not recommended to file ahead.. it will just wait like HEMINA60 application, if you file ahead of 130 approval..

Regards
            A1K

Comment

I believe it's a normal procedure for F2A since we have to file I-130 before we can file I-485, I-131, and I-765.

Comment

Originally posted by a1k405996 View Post
                Hi Hemina,

My PD is 11/28/2016, also F2A category.

My I-130 got approved from CSC on May 2018, then we filed for I-485, I-765 in June 2018.

I got my EAD - October 2018, interview is not yet scheduled. My Field office is Philadelphia.

my Priority date is now(Feb 2019) current for my country F2A, so i started to recieve email notifications that my case is still being reviewed but not changes at this point. hoping to hear an interview date scheduled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cheklapkok View Post

Hi Cheklapkok,

How did you start filing for your I 485 without I-130 approval, hope your country quota was current otherwise it is not recommended to file ahead.. it will just wait like HEMINA60 application, if you file ahead of 130 approval..

Regards
                A1K

Hi A1K,

My I-130 got approved from CSC in October 2018 while I filed for I-485, I-131, and I-765 at the end of July 2018. I consulted with a few attorneys before filing as USCIS also issued instructions on whether to follow the "Dates for Filing" or "Final Action Dates" on their website.

My PD is late January 2017, which is a couple month after you, and I'm expecting my PD will become current when April Visa Bulletin chart issued. I hope to receive my EAD soon because I received a RFIE for my I-485, and it took me almost 2 months to send the response so all cases were delayed by 2 months.

One thing I'm worrying is because my wife just filed to remove her condition on her GC, so I'm not really what's the process on my situation. Do I need to wait until her case get approved or they may issue a conditional GC to me.

Please keep us updated on your case as well.

Comment

Hi A1K,

My I-130 got approved from CSC in October 2018 while I filed for I-485, I-131, and I-765 at the end of July 2018. I consulted with a few attorneys before filing as USCIS also issued instructions on whether to follow the "Dates for Filing" or "Final Action Dates" on their website.

My PD is late January 2017, which is a couple month after you, and I'm expecting my PD will become current when April Visa Bulletin chart issued. I hope to receive my EAD soon because I received a RFIE for my I-485, and it took me almost 2 months to send the response so all cases were delayed by 2 months.

One thing I'm worrying is because my wife just filed to remove her condition on her GC, so I'm not really what's the process on my situation. Do I need to wait until her case get approved or they may issue a conditional GC to me.

Please keep us updated on your case as well.
                  Hi Cheklapkok,

Sure i will keep you posted, I was also asking my attorney's to file before i-130 approval since the Date for filing already reached.. but my attorney was adamant to do so, since all the effort will go waste if 130 was not approved or delayed for whatever the reasons.

what is the condition on her GC?? if you dont mind sharing and how long is the processing times for that conditional removal?? what is your field office for interview?

Regards
                  A1k

Comment

Hi Cheklapkok,

Sure i will keep you posted, I was also asking my attorney's to file before i-130 approval since the Date for filing already reached.. but my attorney was adamant to do so, since all the effort will go waste if 130 was not approved or delayed for whatever the reasons.

what is the condition on her GC?? if you dont mind sharing and how long is the processing times for that conditional removal?? what is your field office for interview?

Regards
                    A1k
                    You're right too. Fortunately, my I-130 has been approved. She filed I-829 which is to remove conditions by Entrepreneur, and the processing time is insanely long (about 3 years). My field office is Santa Ana, CA.

Comment

You're right too. Fortunately, my I-130 has been approved. She filed I-829 which is to remove conditions by Entrepreneur, and the processing time is insanely long (about 3 years). My field office is Santa Ana, CA.
                      Hi Cheklapkok,

3 years of wait time is insanely long.. i hope that should not be a problem for you, because their wait times are due to their process. So that should not affect your decision making. Hope you receive your EAD soon..

keep me posted.. I started to receive automated emails from USCIS, i'm thinking this is because my priority date has become current but they are slow at processing. I hope you signed up for myuscis account online for updates on case status.. keep me posted when you start receive emails, I'm guessing you will start seeing them starting March, because your PD is current from March 2019.

Regards
                      A1K

Comment

Hi Cheklapkok,

3 years of wait time is insanely long.. i hope that should not be a problem for you, because their wait times are due to their process. So that should not affect your decision making. Hope you receive your EAD soon..

keep me posted.. I started to receive automated emails from USCIS, i'm thinking this is because my priority date has become current but they are slow at processing. I hope you signed up for myuscis account online for updates on case status.. keep me posted when you start receive emails, I'm guessing you will start seeing them starting March, because your PD is current from March 2019.

Regards
                        A1K
                        Yes, it's super long, and I also hope it won't affect my case as I know my status depends on her status. I signed up for both MyUSCIS and USCIS as well, and seems like MyUSCIS has better updates. Yes, I think I will start seeing my PD becomes current when the "April 2019" come in around mid March. I also afraid to travel internationally when I have the combo card as well because we never know what's going to happen for the I-485.

Comment

I believe it's a normal procedure for F2A since we have to file I-130 before we can file I-485, I-131, and I-765.
                          Our I-130 is at CSC also. But no updates after Case has received. Wondering how much backlog CSC has it for I-130

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Cheklapkok,

Regards
                          A1K
                          We filed I-485,765, 131 and 864 after our Priority date got passed in Dates for Filling chart in Visa Bulleting last year!!

Comment

Our I-130 is at CSC also. But no updates after Case has received. Wondering how much backlog CSC has it for I-130

- - - Updated - - -

We filed I-485,765, 131 and 864 after our Priority date got passed in Dates for Filling chart in Visa Bulleting last year!!
                            Your 130 is only 2 months after mine but sounds like CSC is a hit and miss, I'm glad you got your Combo card, and hopefully they'll approve your case soon.

Comment

Your 130 is only 2 months after mine but sounds like CSC is a hit and miss, I'm glad you got your Combo card, and hopefully they'll approve your case soon.
                              Lets hope for the best!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X