Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485 Approved on the spot today! (Houston Sept 2017 filer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Approved on the spot today! (Houston Sept 2017 filer)

My experience at the Houston field office:
    We passed through the metal detector, then they asked for the appointment notice at reception and ask us to wait.
    My appointment was at 11:00 am we arrived at 10:30 and were seen around 11:50.
    They call people by name so it is a little stressful because sometimes it is difficult to hear what they say through the speakers.
    We were seen by a tall officer, he was super nice and friendly, we had a lot of small talk and felt comfortable.
    We got sworn in, got fingerprints, asked the yes/no security questions, the asked a few personal questions.
    After entering a lot of information in the computer, he stamped my application with "approved" and handed me an approval notice.
    He said my green card should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Questions asked:
    How did you meet?
    How long between dating, engagement, and marriage?
    Spouse's current place of employment.
    Where did you go to school? (I had two F-1 visas)

These are a few factors that I think helped my application:
    We hired an attorney to represent us and helped us prepare for the interview.
    We submitted a lot of supporting evidence with the application.
    I have been legally in the country for almost 10 years (F-1, TN, multiple visas approved).
    We brought a huge 500 page binder to the interview (with table of contents attached), the officer did not look at any of it, but I think it gave the impression that we had tons of supporting evidence (which we did!).

Regarding the medical exam:
    My exam was more than one year old but my lawyer advised me not to get a new one because it is expensive, he said the worst case scenario they ask for it and give me 60 days to submit it.
    Attached Files

I was approved today in Houston too! My appointment was 8:20am but got their with my wife and kids about 7:50. We didn't have to wait 3 minutes after getting inside for my name to be called. The interview was smooth, basically only confirming information already on the forms submitted on initial concurrent filing. I was a Sept 2017 filer.

Comment

approved

I was approved yesterday in Missouri too, but I didn't get any approval notice like you did. They just said GC will be mail 10-15 days. Congratulations!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X