AOS Interview TODAY at Pittsburgh, Pa Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview TODAY at Pittsburgh, Pa Office

I had my interview today and I thought I'd share, as others have shared and helped me through this process.

My interview was scheduled for 10:30 am. I arrived at 10:00am and was called in at 10:30am.
    We walked in, swore to tell the truth. The officer took my finger prints, a photo of me and then proceeded with the questions.

She started with questions on the I-485 form to verify you filled it yourself. I had a traffic citation after I had filed, November last year. I told her, she asked if it was more than $250 (it was less), and if I paid, told her yes and she said it was fine. They would only ask for prooof that you paid if it exceeds $250.

She then proceeded to ask questions about my relationship and about each other:
    My US Citizen spouse:
    1. When is my date of birth
    2. Where was I born
    3. Have you met her family before? He told told they spoke only on video calls and voice calls. They all live abroad.
    4. What US spouse does for work

Questions for me the applicant:
    1.She smiled and asked, "you have met his family right?" I said yes, several times and laughed.
    2. What I currently do for work? I told her I stopped working in January 2019 as my OPT-EAD card expired. She asked if I received EAD from my AOS Application,I said NO, and she seemed surprised and apologised that I had to stop work, and said sometimes we are not the best agency in the world. I laughed, and said one of the best.
    3. When was the last time you came into the US?
    4. Where I schooled and my major, since I came on F-1 visa.
    5. where do his parents live?

Questions asked both of us about our relationship?
    1. When and how we met
    2. How did he propose? she joked that I must have been waiting for her to ask me that. lol
    3. When was our first date?
    4. Do was have children?
    Have we been married before or lived with anyone for more than a year?
    5.. Did we have a big wedding? who was at the ceremony-No withness, it was just us cos our families are all over the place, and told her it was expensive for my family to fly down. She asked if my mum was sad she missed it, I said yes, but we promised her a vow renewal in the futre with a big church ceremony and party after, and she laughed.
    6. Did he propose witha ring? did we buy the ring together?
    7. She asked if I will take his last name. I responded yes, we were adviced to do it after my greencard process because all of my documents were in my maiden name. She agreed its true, and said she can change it now on my form, so can they print it with the Green card, because it wil cost us a lot to change it after my green card had been processed. We agreed and she wrote it down on the form.
    8. She asked if we had a big party after we had our court ceremony.

She asked mainly for documents for proof of bonafide marriage. Gave her the following except what was already has on my file.
    Proof of Petitioner?s US Citizenship
    ? Both our Passports
    ? Birth Certificate (Make sure you give this to her if he/she doesn't ask you)
    ? Original Marriage Certificate (didn't ask for it)
    ? All I-20s (for F-1 Students)

Evidence of Cohabitation and Bona fide marriage
    ? 2018 Joint Tax Return
    ? Joint apartment lease
    ? Utility bills (internet & electricity)
    ? Joint bank statements
    ? Joint health insurance policy
    ? Joint renters' insurance policy

I tried to give her more such as life insurance, flights, photo album etc. she said she was good, only wanted joint bank account and bills. But I had those submitted earlier when I first sent my application. My file was pretty full and big. lol.

Finally, she said she would recommend me for approval, and have the big boys like at it. She also said since my marriage is less than 2 years, I would be getting the 2 years green card, and explained the 10 years greencard process and asked me to read more about it on USCIS website (in my mind, I was like can I get this 2 years GC first. lol). She said I would receive it after the final review in mail between 30 -90 days (I guess that's the normal thing they say, but it comes before then).

Overrall, I would say it went very well. She looked serious when she first called us in. BUt as we started to chat, she became friendly and jovial. She made side talks and jokes. I thought it was nice that she apologized for not getting my EAD Card and, for also advicing me to let her change my name on the form now, so they can print it on the GC, and I won't have to carry my marriage certificate everytime I travel, and I don't spend alot doing it after.

As I got to the car and checked my phone, my CASE updated to "INTERVIEW COMPLETED AND CASE MUST BE REVIEWED"

I'm grateful and excited. It feels surreal and I can't wait for update to "approved". I will keep you guys posted.

Update!
    on March 4th card was in production
    on Friday evening, March 8th card was delivered to my mail box.
    I have my Greencard in hand.
    I am beyond excited and grateful
    Last edited by Joolsjules13; 03-19-2019, 09:04 AM.
    Aug 30th, 2018 -sent forms I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
    Sept 4th- Case Received/ PD
    Sept 13th- Notifications received
    Sept 21st- notification for finger print
    Oct 4th-Finger print done
    Oct 10th -Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    Jan 22nd (2019)- Interview was scheduled
    Feb 28th - Interview
    March 4th- card is being produced
    March 6th- case (I-765 & I-131) closed, benefit recived by other means)

Congratulations! Also thank you for sharing this so detailed interview experience! Hope your case got approved soon
    c(9) AOS. Cleveland, OH, PD: 1/7/2019
    1/10 - Checks cashed
    1/12 - NOAs in SMS
    1/22 - Biometrics walk-in
    1/25 - Fingerprint review was completed
    1/28 - I-693 Courtesy letter
    3/25 - Case is Ready to Be Schedule for An Interview
    3/26 - Interview Was Scheduled
    4/10 - I-765 New Card Is Being Produced
    4/11 - I-131 Case Was Approved
    4/17 - I-765 Card Was Mailed to Me
    4/30 - Interview + New Card Is Being Produced