Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Massachussetts filers?

Let's share our experiences here.
    I'm currently waiting for my interview notice and EAD approval letter/card.
    Details in signature down below
    AOS filers from Boston, MA

I-765
    09/13/2018: Form received
    Next steps: We will prepare your case for officer review.

I-485

09/18/2018: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485
    01/22/2019: We mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485.
    01/23/2019: We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-485.
    As of February 27, 2019: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Originally posted by Sept18Boston View Post
    Let's share our experiences here.
    I'm currently waiting for my interview notice and EAD approval letter/card.
    Details in signature down below
    Hi, Im from Boston. I already have the green card though. I would be happy to answer any questions based on my experience. Check out my timeline and let me know if I can be of any help.
    Bob
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
      Hi, Im from Boston. I already have the green card though. I would be happy to answer any questions based on my experience. Check out my timeline and let me know if I can be of any help.
      Bob
      Oh wow, I'm impressed by how everything went for you! Thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread. Your interview was scheduled a few days after you got the "ready to be scheduled" notification and I'm still waiting. When do you think I should call USCIS? ( i've read cases where people were denied due to missed interviews).
      Also is it normal that I still don't have the work permit approval letter/ card?
      Thanks again,
      C.K
      Last edited by Sept18Boston; 03-05-2019, 11:22 AM. Reason: typo

I-765

I-485

01/23/2019: We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-485.

Comment

Oh wow, I'm impressed by how everything went for you! Thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread. Your interview was scheduled a few days after you got the "ready to be scheduled" notification and I'm still waiting. When do you think I should call USCIS? ( i've read cases where people were denied due to missed interviews).
        Also is it normal that I still don't have the work permit approval letter/ card?
        Thanks again,
        C.K
        We waited about 5 1/2 months before we heard anything. Then within a week we had it all. a month and half later we had our interview. so ya its normal. wait times were 9 months back when I was watching them so you still are within the limits. Wont do any good calling yet. be patient the day will come
        4-18-18 PD
        11-13-18 Interview
        11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

I used to live in Medford.

My friend got approved in MA last week and the process took 4 months.

She was B2 overstayed.
          Adjusting from B-2, married to USC, Hialeah, FL

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

10/11 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
          10/16 - Fingerprint fee was received
          10/19 - 4 texts received
          10/22 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
          11/05 - Biometrics done walk in.
          03/05/2019: RFIE for I-485

Comment

Originally posted by PDBRZ View Post
            I used to live in Medford.

My friend got approved in MA last week and the process took 4 months.

She was B2 overstayed.
            We were B2 Overstay by 24 years. My wife that is, I was born here. Took us 7 months. Not bad. So sometime between 4 and 7 months should be your big day.... all set for interview?
            4-18-18 PD
            11-13-18 Interview
            11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
              We waited about 5 1/2 months before we heard anything. Then within a week we had it all. a month and half later we had our interview. so ya its normal. wait times were 9 months back when I was watching them so you still are within the limits. Wont do any good calling yet. be patient the day will come
              Yeah won't do any good calling. I've just read on this forum of people cases being rejected due to "missed interview". Hopefully USPS does not mess up
              EAD card should arrive soon normally. Thanks again!
              C.K

I-765

I-485

Comment

Patiently waiting

PD 09/18/2018 BOSTON, MA (Same sex Marriage)

Hi there,

I had my interview done on 02/04/2019.
                We arrived at 12:20pm for our 1:15pm interview appointment. The officer called my name and we got into her office together. I noticed that separating couples are for the officer discretion. Many officers were separating couple and others no. We were lucky we got a very nice lady who was very friendly. She started asking my petitioner to present me to her. And then asked my husband to tell her my full name, date of birth, parents name and city of birth then asked me the same about him, we answered right away, then she asked if we have met each other?s parents and we also answered. Never asked us about how we met or anything. She was literally confirming everything that was on the forms like ?you guys got married on July 11th right?? ?Is your phone number still the same 617....? she asked my husband to confirm his employer of which by the time of the interview was not the same anymore, and she updated with the new info and asked his position he said flight attendant and she made a joke saying it was actually good for me cuz now I had the benefit of flying for free! We laughed and she asked if we had any trip we said yes.. after that was just yes and no questions and then she asked if my husband had the letter of the new employer and the paystubs so she could add to the files since was not the same anymore, we handed over. She didn?t look at the picture at all and did not request any documents. At the end she went over my medical exam and the doctor by mistake put a copy in the sealed envelope and not the original. And she couldn?t accept that. She said she couldn?t approve us on the spot because she needed to talk to her supervisor to see if they would accept that copy or if I would have to go back to the doctor and get the original copy. She gave us no paper and just told us to wait for a letter in the mail, in case her supervisor accepts the medical i would receive the green card if not i would receive an RFE requesting the new medical. We thanked her for her time and left with a feeling of missions accomplished. 2 hours later we received a notification for the RFE which is definitely for the medical, and my I-130 updated to CASE APPROVED. We sent the new Medical on 02/14/2019 and since then no update. Hopefully it changes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiodama View Post
                  PD 09/18/2018 BOSTON, MA (Same sex Marriage)

Hi there,

I had my interview done on 02/04/2019.
                  We arrived at 12:20pm for our 1:15pm interview appointment. The officer called my name and we got into her office together. I noticed that separating couples are for the officer discretion. Many officers were separating couple and others no. We were lucky we got a very nice lady who was very friendly. She started asking my petitioner to present me to her. And then asked my husband to tell her my full name, date of birth, parents name and city of birth then asked me the same about him, we answered right away, then she asked if we have met each other?s parents and we also answered. Never asked us about how we met or anything. She was literally confirming everything that was on the forms like ?you guys got married on July 11th right?? ?Is your phone number still the same 617....? she asked my husband to confirm his employer of which by the time of the interview was not the same anymore, and she updated with the new info and asked his position he said flight attendant and she made a joke saying it was actually good for me cuz now I had the benefit of flying for free! We laughed and she asked if we had any trip we said yes.. after that was just yes and no questions and then she asked if my husband had the letter of the new employer and the paystubs so she could add to the files since was not the same anymore, we handed over. She didn?t look at the picture at all and did not request any documents. At the end she went over my medical exam and the doctor by mistake put a copy in the sealed envelope and not the original. And she couldn?t accept that. She said she couldn?t approve us on the spot because she needed to talk to her supervisor to see if they would accept that copy or if I would have to go back to the doctor and get the original copy. She gave us no paper and just told us to wait for a letter in the mail, in case her supervisor accepts the medical i would receive the green card if not i would receive an RFE requesting the new medical. We thanked her for her time and left with a feeling of missions accomplished. 2 hours later we received a notification for the RFE which is definitely for the medical, and my I-130 updated to CASE APPROVED. We sent the new Medical on 02/14/2019 and since then no update. Hopefully it changes soon.
                  Thank you for sharing your experience. your case is approved, so I really hope that they get back to you very soon and you can put all this behind you for a while!

I-765

I-485

Comment

Thank you for sharing your experience. your case is approved, so I really hope that they get back to you very soon and you can put all this behind you for a while!
                    Hi! I saw a request for initial evidence on my case status just like you but I haven?t received my biometric appointment yet. Do you think it?s about the biometrics?
                    USC Spouse, Dallas field office
                    01/22/19 Priority date(I-130)
                    02/16/19 Sent priority mail to USCIS (I-485 & I-765)
                    02/22/19 Got delivered to USCIS
                    02/26/19 credit card charged and got 2 NoA texts
                    03/02/19 NOA mail received
                    03/09/19Biometrics appointment notice for March 20
                    03/14/19 rfie response sent
                    03/15/19 USCIS receives rfie response
                    03/25/19 I-693 courtesy letter
                    05/14/19 Ready to be scheduled for an interview
                    08/31/19 ead card delivered
                    11/04/19 I-485 interview scheduled

Comment

Very interesting thread! Was looking for it!
                      My timeline is in my signature. I am waiting for my status to change to interview ready to be scheduled....OBO ah!

I know that my file is in Boston since the 7th Nov 2018. Employment based GC...so let's wait.
                      09/21/2018 : Application for I485, and EAD card
                      07/11/2018 : Case transferred and new office had jurisduction
                      11/24/2018 : Combo card produced after request for expedite
                      12/05/2018 : Combo card in hands

Waiting since....

Previous Visa : E2
                      Employment based application

Comment

Actually my timeline is in my signature.
                        Still waiting.

Hopefully it will move soon.
                        09/21/2018 : Application for I485, and EAD card
                        07/11/2018 : Case transferred and new office had jurisduction
                        11/24/2018 : Combo card produced after request for expedite
                        12/05/2018 : Combo card in hands

Waiting since....

Previous Visa : E2
                        Employment based application

Comment

Waiting on i765/i131 approval

Fingerprint fee received: 01/28/19
                          I765/i131 received: 01/25/19
                          Bio appointment: 02/22/19

Now waiting on approval EAD
                          Total days waiting from filing 43 days!

Comment

Originally posted by love21_ View Post
                            Hi! I saw a request for initial evidence on my case status just like you but I haven?t received my biometric appointment yet. Do you think it?s about the biometrics?
                            Hi,
                            Hope this is not too late; I didn't get any notification for this. My " request for initial evidence" was for my birth certificate ( letter printed on pink paper). You should know by now I believe! How's everything going? I am still waiting for an interview date...

I-765

I-485

Comment

Interview scheduled!!! 04.17.19 (Notice date 03.12.19)
                              No EAD

I-765

I-485

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X