No announcement yet.

Any Massachussetts filers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my part still nothing! Waiting since 145 days!
    09/21/2018 : Application for I485, and EAD card
    07/11/2018 : Case transferred and new office had jurisduction
    11/24/2018 : Combo card produced after request for expedite
    12/05/2018 : Combo card in hands

Waiting since....

Previous Visa : E2
    Employment based application

Comment

I am reading almost all the discussions and it seems that there is not a lots of Boston/Mass filers! But it takes forever still ahahahah.
      Still waiting ...7 months+ for my I-485....
      09/21/2018 : Application for I485, and EAD card
      07/11/2018 : Case transferred and new office had jurisduction
      11/24/2018 : Combo card produced after request for expedite
      12/05/2018 : Combo card in hands

Waiting since....

Previous Visa : E2
      Employment based application

Comment

Originally posted by FrBoston View Post
        I am reading almost all the discussions and it seems that there is not a lots of Boston/Mass filers! But it takes forever still ahahahah.
        Still waiting ...7 months+ for my I-485....
        Looks like there aren't too many Massachusetts filers

Comment

AoS married to US Citizen.
          Boston, MA

Here is my timeline so far:

04/12/2019 - Application sent to Chicago.
          04/17/2019 - Application received by USCIS.
          04/22/2019 - NOAs.
          04/30/2019 - RFIE Joint Sponsor.
          05/01/2019 - Biometric notice.
          05/14/2019 - Biometric appointment.
          05/15/2019 - Fingerprint Review Completed.
          05/20/2019 - RFIE Response sent.
          05/22/2019 - RFIE Response received by USCIS.
          06/04/2019 - I-693 Courtesy letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sept18Boston View Post
            Let's share our experiences here.
            I'm currently waiting for my interview notice and EAD approval letter/card.
            Details in signature down below

Hi everyone! I'm currently a DACA recipient (it expires December 19th of this year), and my USC husband and I got married one year ago. We're just starting to prepare our application package for a concurrent filing of forms 485, 130, 693, 864, 785.

Because I've successfully applied for DACA twice, I am familiar with the process, the need to front-load the application, furnish more than the required or suggested number of supporting evidence, meticulously organize all documents (and keep an identical copy of the paperwork), and connect all the dots for the officers. I'm a marketing professional and feel comfortable writing/editing all cover letters.

I say all this because my husband and I are considering doing it all on our own. No lawyer to put the package together or to accompany us.

I'm finding tons of comfort in your testimonies and reading of your experiences, so I want to ask you: is this a crazy idea? Has anyone else here done it all themselves?

I contacted a well-regarded Boston immigration lawyer to ask what she'd charge to merely review our application package and she said:

We have a firm policy to not review forms on cases where we are not the attorney of record with USCIS. This is especially true given the uptick of denials for individuals without attorneys due to procedural deficiencies.

We want to do it ourselves because the process is cost-prohibitive for us. We want to get it done ASAP, but we're borrowing $1,000 as is just for the filing fees (we'll pass i-864 without a problem - we're just aggressively attacking our debt right now).

My apologies for the long post, and thanks in advance for reading and providing your thoughts!

Comment

[QUOTE=juliana;n698348]

I say all this because my husband and I are considering doing it all on our own. No lawyer to put the package together or to accompany us.

I'm finding tons of comfort in your testimonies and reading of your experiences, so I want to ask you: is this a crazy idea? Has anyone else here done it all themselves?

Looking back on My experience I would not have hired an attorney. The guy I did hire filed outdated forms and failed to check the boxes to apply for a social security card causing a month delay on our priority date and an additional 2 week wait for a social security card. He charged me $4000 for initial package and an extra $1500 for EAD and Advanced Parole papers. I found myself doing most of the work and digging up the information for the forms. He just filled them out, and did a poor job at that. Come interview time he wanted to postpone the interview because he was going on vacation. I told him no, I will go it alone. He never coached me about how to prepare for interview either. I learned it all on here. Do a good TOC in your book, Include everything of your life, (Bills, credit cards taxes etc etc Pictures, trips taken (even day trips) and whatever else you can dig up ) . Contrary to popular beliefe they do not want to give you a hard time. Show up with everything you need to make their job easy and you should sail through the process. Read this forum.... lots of great info in how to prepare for interview and initial filing.

4-18-18 PD
              4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
              9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
              10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
              10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
              10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
              11-13-18 Interview
              11-13-18 New card being produced
              11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
              11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Boston filer, 4 months of waiting just got another update today "ready to be schedule for interview"

July 24, 2019 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                06/19/2019 We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485
                06/11/2019 We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-485,
                06/11/2019 We mailed a request for initial evidence
                03/13/2019 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485

Comment

I’m a Boston filer! Filed on January 25th 485 131 ead got an email that card was being produced the ead!

Comment

From Massachusetts still waiting on the interview, since December 2018 I just checked the processing time shortened too I hope I get my interview soon

Comment

Rushste yes you’re right last time I checked they was September 2017 now they are March 2018 keep your fingers crossed!!

Comment

Double M my fingers are crossed it's been long I was expecting to get to least something soon. I really need it end soon

Comment

Rushste you will get something soon I’m sure!! Today I received email i485 card is being produced! And received actual letter for approval of ead

Comment

Have you recieved your interview date already? Fingers crossed for this Aug to get my interview letter.

Comment

Rushste no interview letter just notification that i485 card is being produced

Comment

Double M congrats, which Visa are you adjusting from

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X