Treasury check received from US Treasury quoting my I485 Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasury check received from US Treasury quoting my I485 Number

I have received a US Treasury check for $315 quoting my I485 application number and I didn't receive any other info. Has any one received the same or have any idea about this?

Any ideas?

Can somebody help in this?

Comment

Post an image of the check (removing sensitive information). This sounds like a scam.

did you get a letter with this check?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I 485 date is not current

I tried to find the more information and went to USCIS local office by taking a InfoPass appointment. What they are saying is, my visa date is not current when I applied in July 31 2007. I explained them saying, the dates are current as per the USCIS communications. They showed me the Visa bulletin # 108 issed on July 2nd 2007. It has a line saying, they are no longer accepting the Employment based applications as mentioned in the link and said you can't use your EAD and need to go back to your H1. I was totally confused.

I went again to their office collecting the updated information from web, She talked to the Supervisor and they suggested me to write a letter to USCIS explaining the same and attaching the USCIS bulletin letters as I mentioned above. She said, they will pass this to her Supervisor at local office and the Supervisor @ main office. She gave me a comfort sign saying, every thing would be straightened out and they will update and get back to me, if they need any other info. They asked me to hold the Check with me and USCIS will contact for re payment.

Did any one come across this situation? would like to know what happened after this. Hoping things would go fine.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X