NO RESPONSE AFTER INTERVIEW SINCE DECEMBER 2018, Los Angeles field office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO RESPONSE AFTER INTERVIEW SINCE DECEMBER 2018, Los Angeles field office

Hello, I went for my interview at the Los Angeles field office, And I was interviewed by "Officer Lane", She told me and my wife that everything was okay and she just needed to review the case and we should expect a decision in two weeks. its been over 110 days so far and No response, Not even an update on the website. we had to contact Adam's Schiffs Office for help and they reached out to USCIS, but The response they got was our case is under extended review. Is anyone else here with the same or similar experience to share with me? Have you received a response or update from USCIS?

I'm going to refer to a post I read by a lawyer a long time ago, I hope it helps:

You will never really come to know what that "extended" review means, unless you sue and subpoena them..
    "Extended Review" could either mean that your case has been forwarded to the local CIS Investigations Unit (to pay you a "home visit" at the wee hours of the morning, after having extensively researched you online, questioned your neighbors, etc.) or elevated, higher scrutiny security background name checks.

Since CIS has, by law, up to 120 days after an interview during which to render a decision on a case, there isn't much you can do until then, but simply continue to "exhaust" the "administrative remedies" available to you, namely monthly "INFOPASS" inquiries - where you will not be told anything else you don't already know, but which you'll need to show proof of, if ultimately decide to bring a "Mandamus" action in federal court compelling CIS to "act" and reach a decision in your case.

Last edited by samlynn; 04-02-2019, 09:46 PM.
    EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
    - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
    - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
    - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
    - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
    - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
    - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
    - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
    (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

Spaniard88 Your insight is very helpful. Thank you. I tried to set up an info pass but currently it says on their website that they are not accepting walk ins or scheduled appointments for infopass. I guess, nothing else to do than continue to wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X