Notice of Administrative closure I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Administrative closure I-485

My sister highly recommended this site and I’m sort of in a bubble with immigration.

I came to the US when I was two years old ILLEGALLY and now I am 22 years old. I came here against my will from Haiti and this place is all I know for God’s sake I don’t even speak proper creole to save my life. My old lawyer convinced my dad who is a US citizen to apply for me. At the time, we filed the petition I was 20 years old. He mentioned that since I entered with no inspection I could leave the country and parole back in. I am under DACA so I applied and got the parole and left the country for a few days and came back. I received an I-94 and then went ahead and proceed to file I-130 1-131 I765 and lastly, I-485. I just recently got an interview with USCIS and it all went fine the officer even told me that this is an easy case and I should be expecting an approval in the mail. A Week later I received the approval for the I-130. About a month after my interview I received a letter “NOTICE OF ADMINISTRATIVE CLOSURE’’

The letter states
    After we carefully reviewing your application we are informing you that we are administratively closing your case for the following reasons. Generally, to qualify to adjust status under INA 245 an applicant must.
    • Be inspected and admitted or parole into the united states
    • Be eligible to receive and immigrant visa
    • Be admissible to the united states for permanent residency and
    • Have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time application is filled.

The issue that I have now is if I reapply for the I-485 I am 21 years old now so since my dad is petitioning for me wouldn’t it take longer now that I am 21 and turning 22 in august?

I also don’t understand what it means administrative closure, does that mean my case is closed? and it even mention that I cannot appeal and I’m supposed to get a refund in the mail in thirty days.

I guess it means this "Administrative closure is a procedural mechanism to temporarily stop removal proceedings by removing the case from the immigration judge's or BIA's calendar. The case is administratively closed to allow an event outside the control of the parties to occur – even if the event does not take place for many years

You should be ok but please see a lawyer to tell whatsup

Comment

It means USCIS doesn’t have jurisdiction over your i485. An immigration judge will approve your case. You need to find out which immigration court your case is being held.

Comment

Since your father is a USC, didn't you naturalize when he did? You should ask your lawyer that question as to why did they even file an I485 & I130 for you?

​​​​​​How old were you when your father naturalized?

Comment

Thank you so much guys, I’m planning on getting a lawyer to figure this whole thing out. I go to the interview and I’m told one thing and In mail form I get something else sent. And as far as how old was I when my dad naturalized I was young maybe around 16 but I didnt have any status but DACA and I didn’t apply for the I-485 then so yea

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X