Notice of rejection... twice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of rejection... twice!

Hi guys! My husband and I have been married since February this year (he is a US citizen). We filed i-130 and i-485 concurrently in May and received a rejection notice in June which was said to be because of insufficient fees. I realized I skipped out on the biometric fees of $85 which I then added and resent but we got another rejection notice today saying the same thing. I’m so confused and distraught. I submitted the forms (all correctly filled and complete, we confirmed severally) along with money orders for fees. I couldn’t do the whole $1,140 on one money order because the limit is $1000 so I have $1000 and $140 money orders and also $535 plus the $85 I added while resending the second time. Any advice or help would go a long way.

I have seen several reports that if the payment is in multiple money orders, they return the package. I think they want to see the full $1,225 in one money order, check or credit card payment.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Maybe do a cover letter and explain that the I485 is split in 2 checks and biometrics is separate then staple or paperclip the checks together and place with proper form. You might be confusing them with all the money orders. Are the money orders made out to the right (U.S. Department of Homeland Security) no abbreviations. Label each check I130.....I485....Biometrics
      4-18-18 PD
      4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
      9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
      10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
      10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
      10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
      11-13-18 Interview
      11-13-18 New card being produced
      11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
      11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa. View Post
        Hi guys! My husband and I have been married since February this year (he is a US citizen). We filed i-130 and i-485 concurrently in May and received a rejection notice in June which was said to be because of insufficient fees. I realized I skipped out on the biometric fees of $85 which I then added and resent but we got another rejection notice today saying the same thing. I’m so confused and distraught. I submitted the forms (all correctly filled and complete, we confirmed severally) along with money orders for fees. I couldn’t do the whole $1,140 on one money order because the limit is $1000 so I have $1000 and $140 money orders and also $535 plus the $85 I added while resending the second time. Any advice or help would go a long way.
        Do this:
        1. Use personal checks.
        2. Make the first one $1225 for I-485 + biometrics; attach this with your I-485 form.
        3. Make the second one $535 for I-130; attach this with your I-130 form.
        4. Sit back and relax.
        2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
        07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
        07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
        07-17: Checks cashed
        07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
        07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
        07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
        08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
        08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
        10-04: AP approved
        11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
        11-29: EAD approved

Comment

highly recommend using personal checks. you can go to your bank and buy a check book, it will last a long time!
          PD - 3/2/2018
          Biometrics - sometime in April
          RFIE - 7/3
          Response to RFE received - 7/16
          Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
          EAD is being produced - 9/4
          Combo card in hand - 9/11
          Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
          Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Maybe do the payment through credit card if you have one?

Comment

We send multiple money orders and our was accepted. Did you fill the money orders out correctly?

Comment

we gave 3 money orders , (2 for 485 and 1 for 130) USCIS recommends to have separate fees for each application as in case of any rejection only 1 can be rejected, if you provide combined fees of multiple applications then all will be rejected instead of just one.
                we mailed two money order
                1) 1225$ (clipped together with details in the back)
                2) 535$ for 130
                The application was accepted​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X