X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 interview

Long island new york AOS marriage
    02/08 PD
    02/13 Envelope picked up from USCIS po box.
    02/20 received text message with case receipt number.
    2/23 i-797C Receipt notice received.
    3/1/2019 received bio appointment
    3/12/19 bio appointment done
    4/19 requested expedite ead and faxed proof
    5/8 received a call from congressman office, USCIS replied and case will be reviewed by an officer
    5/9 i485 RFIE letter sent to me, currently waiting for mail
    5/13 RFIE Received for i-864.
    5/14 UPS overnight delivered to NBC.
    5/15 RFIE received.
    5/30 'i 485 is ready to be scheduled for interview'. No update on EAD or EAD expedite request.
    Day 110 interview was scheduled for july 18th
    Day 115 EAD/AP were approved and ‘new card is being produced’
    6/10 EAD/AP was mailed to me
    6/13 EAD/AP in hand
    7/18 Interview at long island Holtsville field office

Very quick interview, probably 10-15 mins. For some reason we were the last couple to interview (scheduled by 1 pm and got there by 12:40, i guess that's the reason why). Got inside a little over 3 pm, Asked us for our ID'S and passports, birth certificate and marriage certificate, a couple of photos (officer didn't go through the album). Officer was neutral, not friendly/sympathetic or not angry or questioning, I guess they were closing and he wanted to get out quick. Asked us the following:

-Full name of eachother
    -Parent's full names of eachother
    -DOB of eachother
    -How we met

In regards evidence we brought a residential lease with rent payments receipt, phone bill, car insurance, a car under our names, savings acct, credit card, a couple of mail letters, affidavit letters from family/friends. Nothing crazy, in NYC atleast you can't get much without a SSN. As long as it's real there's nothing to worry about.

I signed the adjustment of status form, he said will be receiving a temp green card because the marriage is less than 2 years if approved. I'm pretty sure it was approved because he didn't even question us and we got interviewed together. My timeline is crazy fast, God is good guys!

Congrats!
    2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
    07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
    07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
    07-17: Checks cashed
    07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
    07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
    07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
    08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
    08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
    10-04: AP approved
    11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
    11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by hpx3000 View Post
      Congrats!
      Thank you very much!

07/21 new card is being produced for i485. I made it!

Comment

Originally posted by page341 View Post
        Long island new york AOS marriage
        02/08 PD
        02/13 Envelope picked up from USCIS po box.
        02/20 received text message with case receipt number.
        2/23 i-797C Receipt notice received.
        3/1/2019 received bio appointment
        3/12/19 bio appointment done
        4/19 requested expedite ead and faxed proof
        5/8 received a call from congressman office, USCIS replied and case will be reviewed by an officer
        5/9 i485 RFIE letter sent to me, currently waiting for mail
        5/13 RFIE Received for i-864.
        5/14 UPS overnight delivered to NBC.
        5/15 RFIE received.
        5/30 'i 485 is ready to be scheduled for interview'. No update on EAD or EAD expedite request.
        Day 110 interview was scheduled for july 18th
        Day 115 EAD/AP were approved and ‘new card is being produced’
        6/10 EAD/AP was mailed to me
        6/13 EAD/AP in hand
        7/18 Interview at long island Holtsville field office

Very quick interview, probably 10-15 mins. For some reason we were the last couple to interview (scheduled by 1 pm and got there by 12:40, i guess that's the reason why). Got inside a little over 3 pm, Asked us for our ID'S and passports, birth certificate and marriage certificate, a couple of photos (officer didn't go through the album). Officer was neutral, not friendly/sympathetic or not angry or questioning, I guess they were closing and he wanted to get out quick. Asked us the following:

-Full name of eachother
        -Parent's full names of eachother
        -DOB of eachother
        -How we met

In regards evidence we brought a residential lease with rent payments receipt, phone bill, car insurance, a car under our names, savings acct, credit card, a couple of mail letters, affidavit letters from family/friends. Nothing crazy, in NYC atleast you can't get much without a SSN. As long as it's real there's nothing to worry about.

I signed the adjustment of status form, he said will be receiving a temp green card because the marriage is less than 2 years if approved. I'm pretty sure it was approved because he didn't even question us and we got interviewed together. My timeline is crazy fast, God is good guys!
        Congratulations! Can you please share the reason you expedited EAD and the proof you shared?

Comment

Originally posted by sf2019july View Post

Congratulations! Can you please share the reason you expedited EAD and the proof you shared?
          My wife got a foot surgery and wasn't able to work for several weeks. I provided the surgery paperwork with details of the procedure and how long the recovery would be, along with a job offer letter and a cover letter explaining the situation. Everything was done through the congressman's office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X