Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2A Category Chicago Field office interview experience

Hi All,

I wanted to share our timeline for the F2A category. Hope it helps other people. Below is our case timeline

Got married in Feb 2017
    I-130 PD date: March 2017
    I-485, 765,131,864 Filling date: 03/19/2018
    RFE for I-864: 04/20/2018
    Biometrics: April 2018
    combo card arrived: July 2018
    Interview date: July 29,2019

Our interview was scheduled at the Chicago field office at 10.15 AM. We reached to field office around 9.30 and checked ourselves in. The interviewer called our name at 9.50. After we went into the room with the officer, we both took an oath and he reviewed my husband's fingerprints. He asked us to give a passport, birth certificate, ID proof, SSN and verified the same for both of us. He started verifying I-130 first and verified my information like full name, DOB, address, SSN. He asked me how many times I am married. He changed our mailing address on physical form since it was not updated, We updated our mailing address after we submitted our documents, He said that it is necessary for him to make any updates on physical submitted forms. After that, he started verifying I-485 Yes, No questions and asked his details. He asked my husband about how many kids does he has it. After that, he asked what are the documents we have for him to support. We gave joint bank statements of three banks starting from our marriage Feb 2017 to current along with with my husbands AMEX credit card statement where he added me as an authorized user. We gave last 2-year lease documents, auto insurance, health insurance, renters insurance, 2017 and 2018 joint tax return documents, 401k statement where my husband has added me as beneficiary, employer benefits summary, a bonafide letter stating the address where we live, employment start date and salary. We gave him paychecks but he said he does not want it since we have submitted w2 and tax returns. We gave my husband's medical in a sealed envelope and he opened it right there and verified it. We gave documents of our joint trips like flight tickets, theme park tickets, etc. He asked us where did we go when we visited vegas, death valley and grand canyon. Then he asked about how did we meet? we started sharing the information about we met. Since ours is arranged marriage so he was curious how does it work in India. We have him around 100 photographs and he was going through each pic and randomly asking where was this pic was taken, who has taken pictures, who are the other people in the pic since we have submitted family gets to gather pictures. He inquired about Hanna tattoo since he saw it in marriage pic. He took 5 to 6 pics from all. My husband asked whether does he needs to check his F-1 documents like i-20s, EAD, etc. He checked it and gave it back. After that, he gave us the document that our interview is completed and we will get a response in 120 days. Before 120 days we cannot inquire about the status. We came out of the interview at 10.25 AM and it took around 35 minutes to complete the interview.

After the interview, we did not get any updates till July 30 early morning and i-485 status got changed to interview is completed and the case must be reviewed. Today early morning status got changed to the card has been produced. My husband woke me up in the middle of the night at 3 AM as he was extremely happy after seeing this message. Later today status got changed to the case was approved for I-130 and I-485. Finally, the journey ends after 29 months.

The overall interview was smooth. Please do not get nervous in the interview. Just go without any nervousness and you will be fine.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X