No text or email from USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No text or email from USCIS

Hello everyone, i filled my adjustment of status family base, my husband is a US citizen. I filled out all forms myself and put the package together. I filled form I-130 and i-130a and a check for 535, form 485 with a check of 1125, both were personal checks and i made them payable to Department of homeland security, both checks are under my husband and my name, but signed not him. I also filled, form i-131, form i-864 and form i-765. My package arrived to UCIS Chicago lockbox last Thursday August 8th at 7:06 and was picked up same day at 7:10. Still not getting any text message or email from them and my check hasnt been cashed either. I’m with a F1 visa. Anybody with same experience? I’m freaking out

Originally posted by luisis129 View Post
    Hello everyone, i filled my adjustment of status family base, my husband is a US citizen. I filled out all forms myself and put the package together. I filled form I-130 and i-130a and a check for 535, form 485 with a check of 1125, both were personal checks and i made them payable to Department of homeland security, both checks are under my husband and my name, but signed not him. I also filled, form i-131, form i-864 and form i-765. My package arrived to UCIS Chicago lockbox last Thursday August 8th at 7:06 and was picked up same day at 7:10. Still not getting any text message or email from them and my check hasnt been cashed either. I’m with a F1 visa. Anybody with same experience? I’m freaking out
    For some people it takes a couple of weeks before they hear anything so I wouldn't be concerned yet.... but if it takes much longer you could give them a call and ask if they have you in your system or not.

Comment

The I-485 fee should be 1225
      Concurrently Filed forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864
      3/9/19 - Package Sent
      3/13/19- Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox
      3/15/19- Text msg stating case has been received and I-797 to follow in mail
      3/15/19- Fingerprint fee received

Comment

Hi all, so the check was cashed today, i’m guessing that that’s good right? No i’ll have to wait until i get the text messages and email from them?

Comment

Hi all, so the check was cashed today, i’m guessing that that’s good right? No i’ll have to wait until i get the text messages and email from them?
          Yes that should be coming soon. But sometimes there are mixups and people do not get the receipts.... if you are concerned you could call them up and request your receipt number. For me they took the money and I got the receipts a few days later!

Comment

Check cashed = good. They may send a text and/or email, sometimes they don't send anything, so don't worry if you don't get anything (most likely you will).
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

My husband got all the text message the same day when i got the bank notification saying that the checks were cashed. A week later i got all the receipts in the mail, and a week later my appointment for biometrics. I completed my biometrics lasts Thursday. So my case so fat is this.
              08/07/2019 mailed packaged to uscis
              08-13-2019 uscis cashed checks and i got cases numbers
              09-05-2019 i did my biometrics
              09-07-2019 uscis says we got your biometrics and we’re working on you case, we will let you know if we. Need more information or if we make a decision.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X