Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Request for Initial Evidence

Hello All,

I applied for AOS 3 months ago,bio metric has been done. According to the online status, I was suppose to receive notification for request for initial evidence, but never got it. I have request for another copy through the online tool and was told it could take up to 15 working day for them to respond. I also called and another request was sent to my email. It turnout that my address was not correct in their system.I have corrected that now. I want to respond to the request for evidence and I have some questions to this effect.

1. I have been doing some online research and found that i have to include the original copy of the RFE in response to uscis. But the letter itself says include all copies of the RFE and doesn't say include the original letter. Can a copy of the original be include in the response pack?

2. A copy of the RFE was sent to my email and it has a water marked "copy"on it.Since i don't have the original RFE can i include the one sent to my email to respond?

3. I have requested for another copy of the RFE. Do i wait for that to arrive by mail so that i can include that in my response?

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

From what I read, they want the original but if you don't have it you can't do much about it. If you are expecting a new one I would wait a few days for it to arrive and include that. If it also says copy, then respond the RFE with what you have and explain why in your cover letter. Good luck, I hope you get the letter soon.

Of course, this is if you still have time to respond within the time they gave you.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTex View Post
      Hello All,

I applied for AOS 3 months ago,bio metric has been done. According to the online status, I was suppose to receive notification for request for initial evidence, but never got it. I have request for another copy through the online tool and was told it could take up to 15 working day for them to respond. I also called and another request was sent to my email. It turnout that my address was not correct in their system.I have corrected that now. I want to respond to the request for evidence and I have some questions to this effect.

1. I have been doing some online research and found that i have to include the original copy of the RFE in response to uscis. But the letter itself says include all copies of the RFE and doesn't say include the original letter. Can a copy of the original be include in the response pack?

2. A copy of the RFE was sent to my email and it has a water marked "copy"on it.Since i don't have the original RFE can i include the one sent to my email to respond?

3. I have requested for another copy of the RFE. Do i wait for that to arrive by mail so that i can include that in my response?

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

So did you file your I-485 in June 2019 too? ? I might receive a RFE as well, but my case does not move beyond biometrics completed. Congratulations on your case moving forward. When did you do your biometrics? And what is your RFE about?

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
        From what I read, they want the original but if you don't have it you can't do much about it. If you are expecting a new one I would wait a few days for it to arrive and include that. If it also says copy, then respond the RFE with what you have and explain why in your cover letter. Good luck, I hope you get the letter soon.

Of course, this is if you still have time to respond within the time they gave you.
        Thanks for your kind response.

From the copy of the RFE sent to my email, it was noted that a copy of all pages of the RFE should be sent with the response.

I can can wait for another copy via the mail but my worry is the time sensitivity of the RFE. Also when another copy is sent, is the original copy to be sent along with the response pack?

I not sure if I can use the copy sent to my email which have the word “copy” watermarked on all pages. Do you know anyone in similar situation?

Comment

Sorry, I don't.

I had to read the RFE a couple of times to understand if they wanted the original RFE pages or copies. At first, I understand copies but then I understand the originals.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X