Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yko View Post

What was the wording of your letter?
    It was a simple letter that says this company is offering the employee a full time position as an "Job position". This employee in this position will be responsible for "list of all job duties". If you have any question give us a call. The company letterhead is recommended. Good luck.
    03/05/2019 Filed concurrently EB3 Regular
    05/20/2019 Receipt Notice received
    06/21/2019 i-140 approved
    8/9/2019 Case transfer to NBC notice received
    8/24/2019 Biometrics appointment 09/05/2019
    8/30/2019 RFE for my wife, Courtesy letter for me
    9/16/2019 Interview Ready for Schedule
    9/17/2019 Interview Scheduled
    9/21/2019 Interview scheduled for October 28th
    10/17/2019 EAD approved
    10/24/2019 EAD/AP received
    10/28/2019 Interview Completed
    11/25/19 New card being produced

Comment

Originally posted by fdb2171 View Post

It was a simple letter that says this company is offering the employee a full time position as an "Job position". This employee in this position will be responsible for "list of all job duties". If you have any question give us a call. The company letterhead is recommended. Good luck.
      Thank you!
      3/3/19 - filed
      3/6/19 - received by USCIS
      3/12/19 - texts received, checks cashed
      3/16/19 - receipt notices received
      3/23/19 - bio. notices for 4/4
      3/29/19 - biom. walk-in
      6/17/19 - EAD expedite request
      7/16/19 - card is being produced
      7/18/19 - EAD mailed
      7/19/19 - approval notices for EAD
      7/20/19 - combo cards received
      8/6/19 - ready to be sch. for an interview
      12/10/19 - interviews scheduled
      12/16/19 - interview notices for 1/14/20
      1/14/20 - interview & approval
      1/18/20 - card delivered

Comment

6/5/2019 - i485, i765, and i131 application passed
        7/2/2019 - biometrics schedule
        7/4/2019 - fingerprint review completed
        9/10/19 - ead and ap approved
        9/14/19 - ead, ap combo card delivered
        ============================================
        The following timeline is from my wife's application. However, I am the primary applicant so we assumed this delayed all our cases together.
        10/28/19 RFE for my wife's case asking for Birth Certificate (The letter was not very specific so lawyer opted to send the same one that was in the application)
        note: My wife and I think that it was a seal that was cut in half in the birth cert that caused the problem.
        11/07/19 RFE received
        11/14/19 2nd RFE for my wife's case. Asking for Birth Certificate again. Literally, the RFE letter is the same as the first one on a different date. Gladly, through my wife's prudence. We ordered a new copy of her birth cert that showed the entire page of it without the seal being cut in half.
        11/20/19 2nd RFE received
        12/20/19 Only my wife received a medical courtesy letter.
        ==========================================
        12/23/19 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (For all of our AOS cases)

I learned that even minor cuts on seals or errors on details can significantly affect the process of a case. Fortunately, they accepted the 2nd birth certificate.

We are praying to get interview ASAP.

Our other concern now is getting medical certification since in our area the latest appointment is around january 21 2020. Otherwise, we might have to drive to Albany, NY to get a walk-in medical cert.
        EB3 AOS

9/10/19 - EAD and AP approved
        9/14/19 - EAD, ap combo card delivered
        no Update yet.

Comment

Today, my interview was completed and I've got Approval Notice on site.

I hope my card arrives soon, and wish all you guys a good luck with this journey.

6/24/2019 Sent I-485 Package (i-485,131,765)
          8/9/2019 Check cashed very late but received date recorded 6/24 (very much concerned and worried about missing case)
          8/15/2019 NOA received
          8/23/2019 Fingerprint schedule notice received
          9/4/2019 Fingerprinted
          11/2/2019 Approval notice for i-131,765 received
          11/4/2019 Combo Card received
          11/14/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
          11/27/2019 Interview Scheduled
          01/06/2020 Interview Completed (Approved on site)

Comment

Originally posted by Tahoe99 View Post
            Today, my interview was completed and I've got Approval Notice on site.

I hope my card arrives soon, and wish all you guys a good luck with this journey.

6/24/2019 Sent I-485 Package (i-485,131,765)
            8/9/2019 Check cashed very late but received date recorded 6/24 (very much concerned and worried about missing case)
            8/15/2019 NOA received
            8/23/2019 Fingerprint schedule notice received
            9/4/2019 Fingerprinted
            11/2/2019 Approval notice for i-131,765 received
            11/4/2019 Combo Card received
            11/14/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
            11/27/2019 Interview Scheduled
            01/06/2020 Interview Completed (Approved on site)
            What an awesome start to the year! Congratulations! Can you please share your interview experience and the documents requested?

My interview is in 2 weeks. I hope to have the same outcome as you.

Comment

Originally posted by EngineerMan View Post

What an awesome start to the year! Congratulations! Can you please share your interview experience and the documents requested?

My interview is in 2 weeks. I hope to have the same outcome as you.

Thank you. I believe yours goes well too~!

Even though my case is EB, but main petition was my spouse so my questions were half personal + marriage and half job related.
              and my spouse already has GC also accompanied.

1. Questions
              Personal information - Name, DOB, Place, Parents' name
              Marriage information - Spouse's name, Wedding date/place, When did we start dating, Marriage evidence
              Formal Job in homeland
              Current Job status (of spouse)
              Have you ever questions - Officer asked me all of "have you ever~" questions

2. Documents
              to check, gave back - Birth Certificate (Notary), Family relations(Notary), Marriage Certificate(Notary), Photos of us
              taken - Joint account, Lease agreement, Phone bills, Car insurance
              Employment Varification, 2019 W2, Paystub(recent 3 months)

Last edited by Tahoe99; 01-07-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tahoe99 View Post

Thank you. I believe yours goes well too~!

Even though my case is EB, but main petition was my spouse so my questions were half personal + marriage and half job related.
                and my spouse already has GC also accompanied.

1. Questions
                Personal information - Name, DOB, Place, Parents' name
                Marriage information - Spouse's name, Wedding date/place, When did we start dating, Marriage evidence
                Formal Job in homeland
                Current Job status (of spouse)
                Have you ever questions - Officer asked me all of "have you ever~" questions

2. Documents
                to check, gave back - Birth Certificate (Notary), Family relations(Notary), Marriage Certificate(Notary), Photos of us
                taken - Joint account, Lease agreement, Phone bills, Car insurance
                Employment Varification, 2019 W2, Paystub(recent 3 months)

Thank you for the wishes and sharing your experience!

Looks like it was pretty simple for both job and marriage related questions.

All the best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm439 View Post
                  I wanted to make this in order for all EB AOS applicants to have a place to compare timelines easily, ask/answer questions and share interview experience because other preferences for AOS have different timelines and interview experiences,e.g. F2A. I am hoping this thread will help ease out a lot of uncertainties and/or anxieties from our fellow EB applicants.

EB3 AOS

no Update yet.
                  Many thanks for your ***. I'm also waitting for an interview. So do anyone can help me to share the question which be asked during the interview for the applicant and for the kids. Many thank you agains.

Comment

Just had our EB2 interview. It was scheduled for 7 a.m. We got there about 5 minutes early. Got called by an officer together with my husband (primary applicant) at about 7:30. We weren't separated and sat through the whole interview together with our toddler daughter. He was going through our applications together mostly. Asked for passports. Confirmed address etc. Went through yes/no questions. Went through J supplement asked if job/duties are still the same. Husband mentioned that we had an employment letter and he said not needed, but took it anyway. Checked in the system to make sure visa was immediately available. It was, as expected. It's current for both of our citizenships. Then went to my file. Asked for daughter's birth certificate, made sure my file had marriage certificate copy. Asked my husband our marriage date, got a year wrong, as expected. Then asked which other documents we had (for marriage proof) He made a copy of last year's tax return. Didn't need paystubs or W2s. Also made a copy of our driver's licenses that showed the same address. He went ahead then and approved my case and seems like was just getting these additional docs so that his supervisor has no issue with his work. By the time we got to our cars, about 40 mins after we were called in for the interview, new card being produced status was updated.
                    Last edited by yko; 01-14-2020, 01:28 PM.
                    3/3/19 - filed
                    3/29/19 - biom. walk-in
                    7/18/19 - EAD mailed
                    1/18/20 - card delivered

Comment

Originally posted by yko View Post
                      Just had our EB2 interview. It was scheduled for 7 a.m. We got there about 5 minutes early. Got called by an officer together with my husband (primary applicant) at about 7:30. We weren't separated and sat through the whole interview together with our toddler daughter. He was going through our applications together mostly. Asked for passports. Confirmed address etc. Went through yes/no questions. Went through J supplement asked if job/duties are still the same. Husband mentioned that we had an employment letter and he said not needed, but took it anyway. Checked in the system to make sure visa was immediately available. It was, as expected. It's current for both of our citizenships. Then went to my file. Asked for daughter's birth certificate, made sure my file had marriage certificate copy. Asked my husband our marriage date, got a year wrong, as expected. Then asked which other documents we had (for marriage proof) He made a copy of last year's tax return. Didn't need paystubs or W2s. Also made a copy of our driver's licenses that showed the same address. He went ahead then and approved my case and seems like was just getting these additional docs so that his supervisor has no issue with his work. By the time we got to our cars, about 40 mins after we were called in for the interview, new card being produced status was updated.
                      Congratulations!

Seems like it was a very smooth interview. I am praying for the same. I have a week to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by EngineerMan View Post

Congratulations!

Seems like it was a very smooth interview. I am praying for the same. I have a week to go.....
                        Yes, it was very uncomplicated. He spent some time with our file prior to calling us to his office, because we had J visa related waiver etc. But all the evidence had been provided. We didn't use a lawyer for this step. I've learnt already that it's best to trust, but not without double-checking everything myself. If you have nothing to worry about, yours should be smooth as well. Good luck!
                        3/3/19 - filed
                        3/29/19 - biom. walk-in
                        7/18/19 - EAD mailed
                        1/18/20 - card delivered

Comment

My wife and I (primary applicant) attended our interview on Thursday, 1/23. Our appointment was at 8:00.

The interview was very smooth. We were only asked for our passports, EADs, drivers license.
                          On the I-485, we were asked to verify biographic information, then all the Yes/No questions.

At the end of the interview, the officer mentioned that he would run a final system check, but everything looked OK to him. He indicated he would approve that day or the next day.

1 hour after the interview, the most awaited status appeared "New card being produced".

Thanks to the forum members for sharing their experiences! It was a big help.

Good luck to all those who are waiting!

Comment

============================================
                            The following timeline is from my wife's application. However, I am the primary applicant so we assumed this delayed all our cases together.

10/28/19 RFE for my wife's case asking for Birth Certificate (The letter was not very specific so lawyer opted to send the same one that was in the application)
                            note: My wife and I think that it was a seal that was cut in half in the birth cert that caused the problem.
                            11/07/19 RFE received
                            11/14/19 2nd RFE for my wife's case. Asking for Birth Certificate again. Literally, the RFE letter is the same as the first one on a different date. Gladly, through my wife's prudence. We ordered a new copy of her birth cert that showed the entire page of it without the seal being cut in half.
                            11/20/19 2nd RFE received
                            12/20/19 Only my wife received a medical courtesy letter.
                            ==========================================
                            12/23/19 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (For all of our AOS cases
                            02/03/2020 Interview Date
                            Field Office Syracuse NY
                            Doors opened at exactly 8:00am
                            Went through security check.
                            Then waited for Window 1 for fingerprint and picture for just me and wife. Child not included.
                            8:30am We were called by the IO.

We swore to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. Signed a paper that we are doing the interview without a counsel present.

He then asked for our Interview notices, passports, Payslips, and letter of employment (principal applicant).

He actually went all through our i485 himself and asked us if each of the information are correct. So we didn't have to say dates but just confirmed it to him as he say those dates to us.

Went through all yes and no questions. He asked us at the same time then we both answered. Sometimes our child answers with a yes. (I know sshhh kid) He didn't mind at all.

He didn't asked us about our marriage except the date of it.

He then showed us corrections that he made on our i485 application as it was inconsistent with our current records.

30 minutes into the interview. We both are getting worried why this is taking too long.

He said "Just relax and wait here for a few minutes." Then proceeded on working with his computer.

40-45 minutes into the interview he then turn toward us and said "So just a few minutes ago you are officially legal immigrants. You will get approval notices in 2 days then the cards in 1 or 2 weeks. Do you have an immediate travel plan outside of US? Because I can stamp your passports right now".

After we went out of the USCIS office. My wife and I both check our status online. It says " New card being produced" for all 3 of our cases.
                            ​​
                            ​​​​
                            ​​​​

EB3 AOS

no Update yet.

Comment

Congrats.
                              Originally posted by jdm439 View Post
                              Do you have an immediate travel plan outside of US? Because I can stamp your passports right now".
                              I will take that offer immediately just to have physical proof that everything is ok.
                              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                              ---
                              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
                                Congrats.

I will take that offer immediately just to have physical proof that everything is ok.
                                Yeah, I realized it too late. We were in the car going home when I did. What a dumb-dumb.
                                EB3 AOS

no Update yet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X