Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't received fingerprint notification yet since 06/21/19!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't received fingerprint notification yet since 06/21/19!

Hi guys,
    I sent my files to USCIS on June 21st, 2019. It's been 3 months, I haven't received any notification about when I need to do the fingerprint.
    I gave a call to USCIS today, and they said they opened a request for me but I don't think it works much.
    Do you guys have any idea on why?

One thing I can recall is my I-130 hasn't been approved yet, but I don't think this will stop the process of my fingerprint.

Mine is F2A.

Thanks!

Originally posted by shawn06101500 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I sent my files to USCIS on June 21st, 2019. It's been 3 months, I haven't received any notification about when I need to do the fingerprint.
    I gave a call to USCIS today, and they said they opened a request for me but I don't think it works much.
    Do you guys have any idea on why?

One thing I can recall is my I-130 hasn't been approved yet, but I don't think this will stop the process of my fingerprint.

Mine is F2A.

Thanks!
    I waited 5 months... they told me that if there is a (very) long processing time - mine was up to 24 months - they like to wait with the biometrics until they get closer to actually looking at your case. Apparently the biometrics has to be used within a certain amount of time.
    That is the story they gave me anyway.... I hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by robec View Post

I waited 5 months... they told me that if there is a (very) long processing time - mine was up to 24 months - they like to wait with the biometrics until they get closer to actually looking at your case. Apparently the biometrics has to be used within a certain amount of time.
      That is the story they gave me anyway.... I hope it helps!
      It did help! Can I know how you get this information? I made a call to USCIS yesterday but the representative doesn't seem to know things, he just opened a request for me.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shawn06101500 View Post

It did help! Can I know how you get this information? I made a call to USCIS yesterday but the representative doesn't seem to know things, he just opened a request for me.
        Thanks
        After several attempts I finally got a call back from a Tier 2 officer. After they gave me that story, I asked specifically to do the biometrics for the EAD - work permit and advanced parole - and I got that about a week later. But because of that I had to go to two biometrics appointments.... one for I-765 and one for I-485. It did seem to speed up the I-765 though, I got approved for that maybe two weeks after that biometrics appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X