Looking for Advice I-485 pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Advice I-485 pending

Hello everybody. My friend is going through employment based AOS for years and I have been watching this board for a long time for ideas and advice. I guess you could say that I am a long time watcher, first time writer. I will list below the dates of his paperwork, but the question is what to do next. We've been waiting for 2 years on the AOS. Dates to follow.

The main question is that the last case update is "Initial Review" and has been unchanged for over two years. He called in January and was told to expect a letter in 45 days. The letter basically stated that they will contact him if they need more information. He has been for fingerprints twice.

After extensive reading in the boards I am wondering if his is stuck in the process. Is it too soon in the process to be stuck in the retrogression? Or is something going on with background or fingerprints.

I have also read about mailing a state senator to find out some information.

Any information is great. And, thank you in advance.

(also getting ready to renew EAD, and apply for AP)

Original H1B1 - from 4/29/2003 to 4/1/2006
    Extension of VISA to 4/1/2009

I-140 Labor Cert approved 2/5/2007, Priority Date - 7/25/2005
    concurrently applied for AOS and EAD
    I-485 - Receipt date 7/2/2007
    I-765 - Recepit date 7/2/2007
    First Fingerprints 9/11/2007
    Original EAD - 9/12/2007 to 9/12/2008
    Renewal EAD - 10/08/2008 to 10/7/2010
    Second fingerprints - 2/9/2009

What country is your friend from and what EB category did he file. You can check the latest visa bulletin for employment-based applications to see if his priority date is current. Basically everything is in retrogression. I am EB3 ROW and my priority date is May 2005. They are currently issuing visas to applications before March 2003. It is a very long frustrating process.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. His is the same as you ROW(Venezuela) and EB3 with a priority date of July 2005. I just started watching the Visa Bulletin again. I guess my concern was the "Initial Review" on the status. I assumed that it would have moved from there if he was just waiting for currency.

Comment

It will stay at initial review unless they want more info then it will go to "request for evidence." Not getting an RFE is probably a good sign. My husband and I both had RFE's last year for stupid stuff that they already had if they bothered to look for it. Once they get those my attorney said they probably won't even look at the information sent until a visa is available. Just FYI, your friend might be eligible to apply for the diversity visa (lottery), he should check into that.

Comment

Thank you , 4evertyping, for the info

Comment

Yes, it stays "initial review" for a long time . My wife's (India EB3 PD July 2001 , AOS filed in Sept 2007 with NSC ) application status remained in "initial review" status ever since it was filed. I got RFE, so my status changed to RFE in 2009. Finally in Apr 2010, my wife's application status moved to Post-Decision and mine too. Both got approved in Apr 2010 and received the cards as well.

So, wait till PD becomes current. Good luck.

Comment

EAD renewal

HI,

I have my 485 pending priority date december 2002. last year we traved to india on Advance parole came to new york and got entry stemp on advance parole.

Now i am trying to renew my EAD I-765 page 2 have questionManner of last entry in US what should i select PAR: PAROLEE or DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)

second question current immigration status should i select H!B or once i use parole my status get change to PAROLE please help me on the same ASAP.

Regards,

Jitu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X