Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expediting Advance Parole

Hey,

Did anyone try expediting advance parole while applying marriage adjustment of status?

Please share your experiences or advices with me.

Hi I did and failed. My advice is it has to be very emergency and better you order the airplane ticker first as a proof, but even though it's not promised

Comment

can you explain your process? what proof did you use?
      Processing Center: NBC
      Field Office: Baltimore
      10/16/19 Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox
      10/18/19 Received by USCIS
      11/09/19 Paper receipt notices received
      11/16/19 Biometric Appointment Rec’d
      11/27/19 Biometrics Done
      11/27/19 Fingerprint Review Completed
      12/04/19 Request For Expedite for I-131 Thru Congressmen
      ​​​​​​12/13/19 Status updated to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints
      12/18/19 Case Approved for Expedite
      12/26/19 Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
      01/21/20 Card Being Produced

Comment

what is the reason for the expedite? they will ask you this question. It has to be one of the following reasons.

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
        • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
          1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
          2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
        • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
        • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
        • Clear USCIS error.
        I did expedite last year. my grandmother was very sick. I called for expedite. After a week i received a email for doctor's letter or report. I sent the doctor's letter. Then they approved in almost a month. It was fair experience for me.

Comment

what is the reason for the expedite? they will ask you this question. It has to be one of the following reasons.

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
          • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
            1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
            2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
          • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
          • Clear USCIS error.
          I called and they requested the doctor's letter or report. i provided that and i got approved within a month.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Happy day! I received my Expedited EAD Combo card in the mail. Here is the timeline:

PD: 9/20
            Credit Card Charged: 9/26
            Biometrics Completed: 10/7
            Expedite Request Called in: 10/31
            Case is ready to be schedule for interview 11/14
            Expedite Approved: 11/22
            I-765/I-131 Approved: 12/2
            Card in hand: 12/7

Now I can travel and work without hinderance, and let the waiting game for the AOS interview begin.
            Field Office: San Diego, CA
            Service Center: Texas
            03/09/2023: Filing Date
            03/10/2023: Receipt Date
            03/15/2023: Text Message Received w/ IOE receipt#
            03/17/2023: Personal Check Cashed
            03/20/2023: Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail
            03/20/2023 Online Account Access Notice Received in Mail

Comment

Originally posted by DD1992 View Post
              Hi Guys,

Happy day! I received my Expedited EAD Combo card in the mail. Here is the timeline:

Now I can travel and work without hinderance, and let the waiting game for the AOS interview begin.
              If I may ask, what was your argument for expedite and what evidence did you submit?
              F-1 OPT, AOS married to USC
              I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
              NBC
              FO: Minneapolis, MN
              10/21/19 Official Received and Priority Date
              11/5/19 Text NOA cases received
              11/6/19 Checks cashed out
              11/9/19 Received official I-797C NOAs through mail
              11/18/19 Biometrics letter for 11/26
              12/31/19 RFIE email notification
              1/9/20 RFIE response reviewed
              3/5/20 Ready to be scheduled for interview
              4/27/20 EAD/AP card in production
              12/1/20 Interview scheduled
              1/14/21 Interview, card in production

Comment

Originally posted by balo101 View Post

• Clear USCIS error.
                I called and they requested the doctor's letter or report. i provided that and i got approved within a month.
                Hey Balo,

Thank you for your reply,

What kind of doctor letter they requested, and for whom? Would appreciate if you could tell me the process for the request.

Thank you so much

Comment

Hi Guys,

Heyy

Can you tell me please how you requested the expedite?

And what was your reasons?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Meme7 View Post
                    Hey,

Did anyone try expediting advance parole while applying marriage adjustment of status?

Please share your experiences or advices with me.
                    I did! After my finger print was done during my adjustment of status, I tried applying for a job since this is the best reason that I can come up with expediting my I-765 and I-131 since
                    I don't have any medical emergency to reason with. Once I secure my job offer, I called USCIS for the expedition of my I-765 and I-131 for the reason of FINANCIAL HARDSHIP
                    AND POSSIBLE LOST OF INCOME. It was granted and they requested me my job offer to fax it as my evidence. It takes about 3 weeks to be able to received my I-765 card combo
                    and my SSN also arrived 1 day ahead of my combo card since I requested it also to processed at the same time in my I-765 application once my work authorization were approve.

You have to be pro active with your application and timing all the possible scenario or at least an idea were your application is at. like calling USCIS after weeks of your finger
                    print done if your background clearance is cleared then you can apply or secure a job since you need to clear your back ground clearance first before they can expedite your
                    I-765 / I-131 in order to issue you the card. USCIS will not grant you any authorized card if you have not cleared your finger print back ground check first and that's my point
                    of view.
                    Since I don't work and I'm a stay at home husband (not used to being a bum.. ) I tried to read some success stories about expediting their I-765 and I-131 as well as the day
                    how long it was granted and received in mail here in Immihelp and now I can totally share my personal experienced with what I have learned and successfully done with my application.

My green card interview was December 5, 2019 for 2 1/2 long hours! but it is all worth it since I was granted on the spot approval and just waiting my card to arrive in the mail.
                    My USCIS account has updated and its currently at approval notice for my I-485 ans I-131.

My Field office is San Diego and I'm a JUNE Filer 2019.
                    10/10/19- Case is ready to be scheduled for interview...
                    10/29/19 - I-485 Interview notice received.

12/05/19 - Interview day @ 10:45 am

03/13/2023 - Interview for N400
                    03/13/2023 - Pass interview same day sworn in as US citizen.
                    03/18/2023 - Applied for US passport. Saturday Passport caravan.

Comment

Originally posted by Meme7 View Post

Hey Balo,

Thank you for your reply,

What kind of doctor letter they requested, and for whom? Would appreciate if you could tell me the process for the request.

Thank you so much
                      i called and told them my gradma is really sick and in serious condition. Then they asked doctor's letter. I called back home and asked doctor's if he can send me letter. He wrote all the problems she is having and her required treatment.

Comment

Hi Guys,

What reason and documents did u submit for expiedte request.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X