Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustment Of Status Interview & Employment Authorization Card??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment Of Status Interview & Employment Authorization Card??

I crossed over using a border crosser card in 93 and it expired on 2003-

I got married on January of this year and I have a son with my wife, we have filed all the necessary forms to becoming a resident. I've had my biometrics taken and my health and std test which was negative. I got my "Employment Authorization Card" yesterday in the mail-and i have my Audjustment Of Status Interview on the 20th of this month.
    IS THIS INTERVIEW JUST TO VERIFY OUR MARRIAGE AND TO MAKE SURE ITS A LEGIT ONE? OR WILL THEY ASK QUESTIONS ON HOW I CROSSED OVER? CAN THEY STILL DENY MY RESIDENCY BECAUSE OF MY EXPIRED BORDER CROSSER CARD EVEN IF THEY KNOW THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS LEGIT?
    I havent gone to Mexico since i crossed over in 93 and i've provided all my school records from 1993 to 2005.

Can i get a drivers licence with this Employment Authorization Card if i still have not gotten a SS# or been approved for residency?

Also, if anyone who reads this has had their interview recently-what all did they ask you?

Any advice on similar cases like this would be greatly appreciated.
    Houston Tx.

Be nice!

Yes you can get a driver's license and a SSN with a valid EAD.
    And for the interview, check out the information on this website under the Marriage Based Greencard.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I got my EAC but have not gotten a SS# yet, will i get one after my interview?

Comment

Did you apply for it yet?

You will have to go to your local Social Security office and apply for a SSC. Go to SSA.Gov website and find out the info. When you get your green card, you will have to go to the social security office again and have them update your SSC. Good Luck!

Comment

I'm not sure but i think my lawyer had me file and application when i started this whole process about 3 months ago-i could be wrong tho.
          How long does it usually take for me to get a SS#?
          Or is it given to me right away?

Comment

To apply for a SSN, one must go to a local SSO. They verify your ID and work authorization eligibility based on your valid immigration status. So you did not have any status until you got your EAD. You can not apply for a SSN without any valid documents from USCIS making you eligible for work. Since you have received your EAD, you can apply for a driver's license and also for a SSN. It usually takes about 3 weeks to receive a social security card once you apply for it in person. And let me remind you that I am not an attorney of any sort, this is just my opinion based on my research. I hope you get you situation straighten out and become a successful resident of this wonderful country.

Comment

Thanks for your help & info.

Im guessing EAD is the same thing as a EAC?
              I have an appointment with my lawyer tomorrow to go over interview questions since my interview is 10 days away she wanted to see us before so she can go over some stuff and tell us what its like. While were there i'll ask her if we filled out the form for the SS# at the beginning of this whole process.
              The interview is the moment of truth huh? Thats when they decide if your're going to be able to stay here for good or if you're going to be sent back?
              I'm really worried my interview is gonna go bad because my border crosser card expired on 2003-other then that i have no worries. I guess we'll see what happens.

Houston, Tx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X