Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 and I-765 movement after 7 months. I’m in Montana

Hi everyone,

I’m going through an AOS in Montana, started with a filing in mid June 2019. In mid-August we got an RFE regarding a birth certificate formatting issue. This was rectified as quickly as possible and on Sept 3 were told the case was being worked on again. From that point there was no change. On January 16 our I-765 case changed to “New Card Being Produced” and almost at the same time the I-485 changed to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled For An Interview”. The next day, on January 17, the I-765 changed to “Case Was Approved” and so was the I-131; the travel/work document cases. I assume we’ll get a combo card.

I have two questions:

1) How long does it generally take for this card to be mailed? I’m seeing mixed results in searches, but many were from a few years ago, etc. Just seeing if anyone had recently had this status change and what their experience was.

2) It seems a little weird that the GC interview is ready to be scheduled at the exact same time; it makes the work and travel card pointless almost right away. I won’t complain though! Our field office is Helena, MT and my attorney said they expect something to be scheduled next week or shortly after with the actual interview being around a month from that point. Online is a little scarier because I see many people who wait for months at this step. I assume it’s based on each office and Helena is probably not the most busy location. Hopefully my attorney is right.

This entire process isn’t very fun. It’s been very eye opening for me.

Thanks in advance!

The status “Case is Ready to be Scheduled For An Interview” means USCIS have all your documents but they have not set an interview date yet. This status could remain idle from a month up to a year or so. Once USCIS has set an interview date, your status will change to “Case was Scheduled for an Interview” and you should receive a letter in the mail that has your interview date.

You should receive your EAD card within a week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X