Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refiled i485 after previous denial, no notification received yet

Hi all,

We refiled our I485 entire package with the helfp of an attorney as my previous I485 was denied due to incorrect filing of Affidavit of support and lack of income. My I130 is still pending.
    We refiled and sent it through and they received it on 5th March. We also filed the G1145 form so that we get a notification before they send I797 form about the receipt of the package but its 11th March now and I haven't received any email or sms. We were given 33 days to refile/reopen and we did refile it within this timeframe but I'm afraid my 33 days are coming to an end by 16th March. Should I be worried because I haven't received any e-notification at least so that I can have a sigh of relief?!

I don't think you need to worry, they sometimes take 2-3 weeks to send SMS/email or they never do and you receive your notice. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      I don't think you need to worry, they sometimes take 2-3 weeks to send SMS/email or they never do and you receive your notice. Good luck.
      I just want our new application to be in the system so I feel relieved. I was expecting to receive a text message/email since we filed the G1145 and the attorney had told me that the text message is enough until we get the notice in mail. I guess I'll email my attorney because 16th March my 33 days are up and its scaring me ????

Comment

How was your package sent? Did you track delivery? Just give it another week.

Comment

Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post
          How was your package sent? Did you track delivery? Just give it another week.
          Hi there, the attornet sent it as priority overnight and the USCIS received it the next day morning and I checked it. I've read in other posts that it can still take them a couple of days to send a text or email or sometimes they just dont and send the notice instead which takes 2-3 weeks and I am okay with that. Just concerned that my 33 days are ending and I dont want that to be an issue because its not in their system yet but they have my package

Comment

Hi There,

My attorney also sent our I485 packet in around 5 weeks ago to the chicago office and I still have not received any receipt. Most importantly they haven't cashed my check, so I know it has not been processed. I have no clue whats going on. Anyone know what is happening?

Comment

As long as you know they have it, you are okay. I know the anxiety this causes. But all you can do now is wait. It will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by imthatoneguy86 View Post
                Hi There,

My attorney also sent our I485 packet in around 5 weeks ago to the chicago office and I still have not received any receipt. Most importantly they haven't cashed my check, so I know it has not been processed. I have no clue whats going on. Anyone know what is happening?
                Mine has been sent to the IL, Chicago as well so I'm just waiting now. My attorney said to let her know if they cash the check this week if not then she will ring them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post
                  As long as you know they have it, you are okay. I know the anxiety this causes. But all you can do now is wait. It will be okay.
                  They definitely have it. We just want it to be in their system because we dont want them to send me a NTA for no reason. We applied within 33 days that they gave me

Comment

Have you filled I-944 ?
                    it asks for credit history so you filled it yours or your husband’s credit history.....
                    March 23- sent package to chicago lockbox
                    March24- package received by Chicago lockbox
                    March 25- Priority Date
                    April 14- NOAs received
                    May 9- letter for missing I-693
                    Aug 1- biometric appointment letter received
                    Aug 12- biometric appointment day
                    Aug 17 - I-765 card is being produced
                    Aug 18- I-765 case approved
                    Aug-24 GOT Social Security CARD
                    Aug 25- EAD card mailed
                    Aug 28- Got EAD card in hand

Comment

Me,deliveried to Chicago 4 weeks ago.No receipt or cash at all.Please help.My visa may run out!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliwale View Post
                        Have you filled I-944 ?
                        it asks for credit history so you filled it yours or your husband’s credit history.....
                        Yes, we did file the I944 form as well. My attorney put together a very good package as compared to the last time because we didn't know how to do it. My 33 days are up and its quite scary ????‍♀️ I think they just have some backlog plus the coronavirus scare has made them slow too. My check still hasn't been encashed and my anxiety level is 998373628292 ????????

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon X12020 View Post
                          Me,deliveried to Chicago 4 weeks ago.No receipt or cash at all.Please help.My visa may run out!
                          You have applied during lawful presence in the US so you don't have to worry. They are just super slow right now

Comment

Originally posted by Caliwale View Post
                            Have you filled I-944 ?
                            Sorry I didnt read your message properly. In I944 I had to put down mostly my info. And in the assets sections he put down some of his assets that's all. Rest I had to fill.
                            as for the credit score, since I have no employment in the US I have no credit score so my attorney ignored the question. We didn't have to put my US citizen Husband's credit score. You can leave that question out if you have no credit score in the US.

Comment

Pkaur have you send your evaluations also for any degree?
                              March 23- sent package to chicago lockbox
                              March24- package received by Chicago lockbox
                              March 25- Priority Date
                              April 14- NOAs received
                              May 9- letter for missing I-693
                              Aug 1- biometric appointment letter received
                              Aug 12- biometric appointment day
                              Aug 17 - I-765 card is being produced
                              Aug 18- I-765 case approved
                              Aug-24 GOT Social Security CARD
                              Aug 25- EAD card mailed
                              Aug 28- Got EAD card in hand