Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 helppppppppppppp

Hey guys;

I have a few questions regarding the form I-485, hopefully you'll be able to help me.

First at all, I entered the country under a B2-VISITOR visa in 2008, overstayed.

The passport that had that visa was lost. Many many many years ago I had gone to a bar and had many drinks and well, I lost it. I did not lose the I-94, back in the day they'd give you a small "card" so I had that saved at home. Anyways, I have the passport number, I however don't have the expiration date on that passport.

PART 1, question #17 asks for that passport's expiration date, and of course I don't have it. I have just my current passport that I got a few years ago. What should do there? Type my new current's passport expiration date?
    PART 1, question #19 asks for visa number, I obviously don't have it. What should I do?

And I know this will sound ridiculous but...

PART 7, question #1 I am Hispanic yes, but then PART 7, question #2 says "race", I don't know, am I white? lol I'm definitely none these others (Asian, Black, American Indian, Hawaiian)

PART 8, question #15, have you ever been denied a visa? The first time I applied for my B2, I was denied. Is that YES to that question?
    PART 8, question #16, have you ever worked in the USA without authorization? Duh, I've been here for 14 years, many random jobs, got paid cash, personal checks, ect, is that a YES?
    PART 8, question #17 have you ever violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant status? I mean, I'm an overstay, is that a YES?
    PART 8, question #78 have you ever renounced US citizenship to avoid being taxed by the united states? I don't even have a green card yet, is that a NO?
    PART 9 question #1 are you requesting an accommodation because of your disabilities or impairments? I'm not disabled or impaired, is that a NO?

I know these are silly questions but I'm trying to see how people in the same boat have answered these questions.
    Last edited by Johnny6751; 05-26-2020, 10:37 PM.

Hi,

If you lost your passport you can get a new one from the consulate of your home country. So the passport part should be fixed that way. I think you can get your I 94 online from the Uscis page somewhere.

For other questions, I do not have certain answers but If you overstayed and just worked, this part totally not ok.

For PART 7, question #1 race part. I am assuming that you are a caucasian race. These are the countries which from that race: Russia Adygea Chechnya Dagestan Ingushetia Kabardino-Balkaria Kalmykia Karachay-Cherkessia Krasnodar Krai North Ossetia-Alania Stavropol Krai Georgia Adjara Abkhazia (since 2008, in exile) Azerbaijan Nakhchivan or some countries around that ones.

But this race question is the easy part of all of them.

Are you married to a GC holder or US citizen or a family member of them? Otherwise how you are going to file I 485?

If all this no, I mean if you overstayed and do not have any legal reason to be here, USCIS possibly will put you under removal proceedings.

Your situation looks complicated. I suggest you consult a lawyer. they do not charge too much for consulting.

I hope you figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny6751 View Post
      PART 1, question #17 asks for that passport's expiration date, and of course I don't have it. I have just my current passport that I got a few years ago. What should do there? Type my new current's passport expiration date?
      Just answer "unknown". That's the honest answer. The passport information shouldn't be relevant if you already have the I-94.

PART 1, question #19 asks for visa number, I obviously don't have it. What should I do?
      Again, just answer "unknown" or "lost" if you have no copies of it.

PART 7, question #1 I am Hispanic yes, but then PART 7, question #2 says "race", I don't know, am I white? lol I'm definitely none these others (Asian, Black, American Indian, Hawaiian)
      Many Hispanic people are some mix of white, American Indian, and black ancestry. Just check the boxes for all the ones you have ancestry of. If you are only of white ancestry, then choose only white.

PART 8, question #15, have you ever been denied a visa? The first time I applied for my B2, I was denied. Is that YES to that question?
      Yes

PART 8, question #16, have you ever worked in the USA without authorization? Duh, I've been here for 14 years, many random jobs, got paid cash, personal checks, ect, is that a YES?
      Yes

PART 8, question #17 have you ever violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant status? I mean, I'm an overstay, is that a YES?
      Yes

PART 8, question #78 have you ever renounced US citizenship to avoid being taxed by the united states? I don't even have a green card yet, is that a NO?
      "No" is correct.

PART 9 question #1 are you requesting an accommodation because of your disabilities or impairments? I'm not disabled or impaired, is that a NO?
      "No" is correct.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Ouch!! good luck with that application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X