• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atl2020 View Post
    My timeline
    6/25/20 - sent
    6/27/20 - arrived in Chicago Lockbox
    7/13 - payment processed
    7/15 - received 4 text notification (130,131,765, fingerprinting fee).

I filed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-944 and I-693 concurrently. F1 OPT, married to USC.

Questions:
    • I didnt get a notification for I-485 but I did have a notification for “Finger printing fee was received”. Is this normal? Am i to expect another notification specifically for I-485? They did process 2 charges (I oaid by credit card). payment 1 for 130 and payment 2 for both I485 and finger printing fee.
    • My EAD (via F1 OPT) will expire in September. Given my timeline above, how soon can I request for my EAD renewal to be expedited? From what I understand, I don’t qualify for automatic EAD extension since the category will change on the new EAD.
    RE: Fingerprint fee received is the correct initial status of your i485 case, unless you are a child or other category whereby the biometrics is free, in which case the status would have been "Case is received". The status will include a case reference number and can be used to track the case further as its status will change as and when your case progresses, e.g. once they have your fingerprints or once your case is ready for interview or if they issue an RFIE, etc.

You will receive a paper NOA for the i485 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by catparade View Post
      This thread is for tracking application timelines for June 2020 filers.
      Hi,

Any Updates?

My PD is 06/03, Haven't received the bio appointment yet. Fingerprint Fee Was Received is the current status.

Let us know.

Comment

FamilyBasedi485 It will probably take some time before we receive our biometrics appointment notices. The "Application Service Centers" were closed for several months due to the pandemic, and are just now reopening. Then they will have to work through the backlog of cases before they're able to schedule us. I'd estimate a delay of at least 6 more weeks.
        USC married to a Canadian on TN status in San Francisco

06/03/20 - Sent I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 via Priority Mail
        06/05/20 - Receipt Date
        06/18/20 - Check was cashed
        06/18/20 - Text messages with case numbers (~9:30pm Pacific)
        06/22/20 - Notice of Receipts via mail
        07/06/20 - I-693 Courtesy Letter
        08/17/20 - Biometrics Appt Notice for 8/24
        08/28/20 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview!
        10/14/20 - I-765 and I-131 approved
        10/19/20 - EAD/AP issued
        12/01/21 - EAD/AP renewed

Comment

Anyone who has received Biometrics appointment? Are they first come first serve basis as in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by ShanG View Post
            Anyone who has received Biometrics appointment? Are they first come first serve basis as in the past?
            I believe they are always supposed to be first come first serve, no change in that.
            USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
            Timeline
            7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
            8/4 <— Checks cashed
            8/5 <— I-797 SMS
            8/24 <— Biometrics completed
            10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
            10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
            10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
            10/28 <— Green card#1 received
            11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

Originally posted by verbose View Post

I believe they are always supposed to be first come first serve, no change in that.
              I have heard a time slot is shared by several petitioners. Is it the same now? To reduce crowding do they give individual time slots?

Comment

I have heard a time slot is shared by several petitioners. Is it the same now? To reduce crowding do they give individual time slots?
                Hi there,

I see you are wondering about the biometrics appointment, so just to give you a better idea on the backlog : my priority date in March 16 and I still haven't heard from USCIS about that. It means still no EAD or AP 4.5 months after filing.
                I know this sounds depressing but from what I read, people who filed from end-february to june are still waiting as well.

Fingers crossed they are finally going to send appointments soon... At least before they close again because of furloughs and covid
                AOS (marriage) NBC - Miami, Fl

03/16/2020: Priority Date

5/09: I693 Courtesy letter
                8/06: Request EXPEDITE I765 & I131
                8/07: Fax sup. docs EXPEDITE
                8/28: Contacted Senator
                8/31: Senator contacted USCIS
                8/31: Biometrics notice
                9/14: Biometrics done
                9/15: I765 EXPEDITE approved
                9/17: I485 case ready for interview
                9/22: I131+I765 approved
                9/25: I765 card mailed
                9/30: EAD card in hand
                12/18: I485 Interview scheduled
                2/3: Interview done
                2/4: I130 approved
                2/5: I485 New card being produced

Comment

Originally posted by Mmesa View Post

Hi there,

I see you are wondering about the biometrics appointment, so just to give you a better idea on the backlog : my priority date in March 16 and I still haven't heard from USCIS about that. It means still no EAD or AP 4.5 months after filing.
                  I know this sounds depressing but from what I read, people who filed from end-february to june are still waiting as well.

Fingers crossed they are finally going to send appointments soon... At least before they close again because of furloughs and covid
                  I know someone in February 21, 2020 and still nothing. He do not have his Biometric in his case and still waited for a New Biometric notice again.
                  uscis still not sending a New Biometric and they not schedule a lot of interview. Sound like they not working because covid-19 excuses. Everyone is working In hospital, store, distribution center and logistic. Meybe our President need they fired and hire people who want to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmesa View Post

Hi there,

Hi Mmesa,

Sorry to hear that you are waiting for that long. I ve heard most ASC opened on July 13th. I hope you (and us all) will hear about biometrics appointments soon. I received mine yesterday, and was wondering if others have got it or not. We have a 2 year old that we going to keep with friend while we go for the appointment. Just wanted to roughly how long it takes. Any estimate is appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NYC/She View Post

I know someone in February 21, 2020 and still nothing. He do not have his Biometric in his case and still waited for a New Biometric notice again.
                      uscis still not sending a New Biometric and they not schedule a lot of interview. Sound like they not working because covid-19 excuses. Everyone is working In hospital, store, distribution center and logistic. Meybe our President need they fired and hire people who want to work.
                      Good news is they have started working on them. I got mine yesterday. Let's hope others will also get it soon

Comment

Hi Mmesa,

Sorry to hear that you are waiting for that long. I ve heard most ASC opened on July 13th. I hope you (and us all) will hear about biometrics appointments soon. I received mine yesterday, and was wondering if others have got it or not. We have a 2 year old that we going to keep with friend while we go for the appointment. Just wanted to roughly how long it takes. Any estimate is appreciated. Thanks!
                        Wow , that’s great news . My state ASC reopened on 7/20 , maybe we will get our soon.
                        I remember it took me about 15 minutes to do my biometric last year, so i don’t expect you will be leaving your child for long , may be now is different due to the backlog. Good luck.
                        Last edited by Gcapplicant2019; 07-25-2020, 12:55 AM.
                        H1b visa
                        Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
                        self filling with attorney consultation
                        F.O Minneapolis, Mn
                        6/12/2020 Package sent usps
                        6/15 delivered
                        6/26 checks cashed
                        text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
                        07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
                        8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
                        8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
                        9/22 I-130 approved
                        11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
                        11/18 I-765 approved
                        12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

Originally posted by Gcapplicant2019 View Post

Wow , that’s great news . My state ASC reopened on 7/20 , maybe we will get our soon.
                          I remember it took me about 15 minutes to do my biometric last year, so i don’t expect you will be leaving your child for long , may be now is different due to the backlog. Good luck.
                          Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have seen some people have got their biometrics waived and used their previous biometrics. Since you have already done it once, you might get an exemption. Good luck in anyways!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have seen some people have got their biometrics waived and used their previous biometrics. Since you have already done it once, you might get an exemption. Good luck in anyways!
                            I did my own biometrics to get my GC last year, but this year I’m petitioning my husband and we are waiting for his Biometric appointment, he didn’t do fingerprints before.
                            H1b visa
                            Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
                            self filling with attorney consultation
                            F.O Minneapolis, Mn
                            6/12/2020 Package sent usps
                            6/15 delivered
                            6/26 checks cashed
                            text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
                            07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
                            8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
                            8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
                            9/22 I-130 approved
                            11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
                            11/18 I-765 approved
                            12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

Originally posted by Gcapplicant2019 View Post

I did my own biometrics to get my GC last year, but this year I’m petitioning my husband and we are waiting for his Biometric appointment, he didn’t do fingerprints before.
                              Gotchaa! He will have to give biometrics then

Comment

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X