Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 forms returned

Hello immihelp family
    I have a question regarding returned I-485 forms for my wife and children, who are supposedly derivative applicants on my behalf. I had sent adjustment of status forms with all the required documents for myself(principal applicant) and my spouse and children as derivatives earlier in June 2020. Payment cheque of processing on my form was taken out from bank and shortly after I recieved in mail, form I-797C for only myself, but not my family. Today I recieved their documents and cheques back. The form I-797C with receipt numbers are sent back saying: THE APPLICATION PETITION HAS NOT BEEN FULLY COMPLETED. BASED ON THE SELECTION PART 2 APPLICATION TYPE OF FILING CATEGORY, THE FORM I-944 AND/OR FOR I-864/I-864 EZ ARE REQUIRED. PLEASE REVIEW THE FORM INSTRUCTIONS FOR INFORMATION.

When I was preparing these forms, I had attached with my form I-944/ I-864 from substitute sponsor(my sister, since my mother who was the petitioner had passed away), my personal I-864 ( as we reside in USA) and all the other docs.
    My wife does not work and my kids are all under 18 years of age. NOW WHICH I-864 AM I ASKED TO ATTACH WITH MY WIFE'S AND KIDS' PAPERS....Do they need my I-864 form and my sisters' affidavit of support(separately! Signed from my sister) for each one of them. Or do I need to attach copies of my I-864, copy of my I-944 ?? I fail to understand.

Do I have to fill out new forms too? What does it mean as DATE OF NEW FILING? Does it mean New Form Filling with latest date and signatures from all. ??

I need to file back urgently
    Any guidance and help wud be highly appreciated.
    TIA

Your sister should have filed one I-864 from as the substitute sponsor. You shouldn't have needed to file an I-864. Each of the beneficiaries (you, your wife, and each child) should have filed their own separate I-944 and answer the questions about themselves. What did you guys file?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I had filed with my form I-485~ Substitute sponsor form I-864 (from my sister) and form I-944 to declare my income and assets. So what should I do now? My application as principal applicant has been accepted and rest of my family's were returned.

So do I attach

-copy of form I-864 (from my sister) with each form?COPY?? Or- ORIGINAL each I-864 form signed again individually by my sister?
      -New forms I-944 of my 1.wife 2.kid 3.kid 4.kid
      Attached with:
      -New (?)I-485 forms (with latest dates & signature)

Note: The returned forms have been marked and signed by USCIS officer at the bottom. But they are all in good shape except for marked with lines at bottom. Should I download new forms?

Regards.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X