Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets section of I944

Hello,
    We are completing the assets section of I944, we are wondering if it's required to list our bank account balances and such. I read online that you will need to submit 12 months of statements but this will be such a hassle as we changed banks when we got married a few months back, and the other bank will only release our previous statements if we send a certified notarized letter in writing as they are not in the state. Our combined income is about 1450% above the poverty level listed on the uscis guidelines. Has anybody submitted I944 without listing any assets and encountered no problems?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by didrovo View Post
    Has anybody submitted I944 without listing any assets and encountered no problems?
    I am in the same boat, and would love to hear about this as well.

In I-864, it clearly mentioned that assets section is required only if you don't qualify based solely on income. However, In I-944, the form seems to suggest we provide the data anyways, which sounds like so much overkill.
    F2A, Spouse of LPR. Center NBC. FO Seattle
    1/19/20 I-130 filed online
    8/10 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
    9/05 Got I-797 receipts
    9/14 Got RFIE for lack of I-864
    9/22 Sent response
    10/9 Got I-693 Deficiency Notice
    11/13 Got RFE for lack of I-944
    11/20 Sent I-944
    7/13/21 Got biometric notice
    8/9 Biometric day
    8/13 Ready to be scheduled for interview
    3/1/22 I-130 approved
    3/1 Got RFE for medicals
    3/7 Sent RFE
    3/14 Got EAD
    4/9 Got green card

Comment

I got a copy from bank showing average monthly balance for past 12 months and current balance. Speak to your bank and they’ll be able to print it out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by danny32 View Post
        I got a copy from bank showing average monthly balance for past 12 months and current balance. Speak to your bank and they’ll be able to print it out for you.
        Out of curiosity, any reason why to provide the "average monthly balance" document instead of past 12 months statements as mentioned in the I-944 instructions? Is this a better document as per USCIS / lawyers?

My main issue is that I have so many accounts. I have 5 checking + saving, plus two brokerage accounts. Must I include them all? The answer increasingly sounds like yes
        9/05 Got I-797 receipts
        9/22 Sent response
        11/20 Sent I-944
        8/9 Biometric day
        3/1/22 I-130 approved
        3/1 Got RFE for medicals
        3/7 Sent RFE
        3/14 Got EAD
        4/9 Got green card

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post

Out of curiosity, any reason why to provide the "average monthly balance" document instead of past 12 months statements as mentioned in the I-944 instructions? Is this a better document as per USCIS / lawyers?

My main issue is that I have so many accounts. I have 5 checking + saving, plus two brokerage accounts. Must I include them all? The answer increasingly sounds like yes
          Simply because 12 monthly statements is a lot of paper and doesn’t make much sense. They basically wanna see your assets, average monthly balance for 12 months and current balance should satisfy their needs. But there is no harm in sending 12 statements either, I just think it’s a bit of an overkill.

Honestly, I don’t think you need to include all the accounts. I didn’t add any property under assets because acquiring the paperwork would have taken a very long time and it would’ve been a pain the butt.

Basically with I-944 they are trying to asses your chances of using government assistance in coming years. So just show them your two to three accounts with highest balances and you’re good to go.

Comment

Thanks danny32. Showing the top few accounts is a good strategy.
            9/05 Got I-797 receipts
            9/22 Sent response
            11/20 Sent I-944
            8/9 Biometric day