Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st interview-March 2019.It's Nov 2020-no decision.Awaiting 2nd interview notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st interview-March 2019.It's Nov 2020-no decision.Awaiting 2nd interview notice

ATLANTA, GA I485
    Hi everyone!
    My husband and I got married in January 2018. We had our 1st interview in March 2019.
    I had an open asylum case which I closed as was advised by our lawyer. Our interview was almost 2 hours long. The officer said he needed to run a background check and review my asylum case.
    A year after I wrote to our congressman requesting their help with this.
    ONLY in August 2020 I received a letter saying that my asylum case was closed (mind you, it's been 2 years since I requested to close it) after multiple emails by the congressman, and the asylum case was finally transferred to the USCIS officer for review.
    My husband and I, the congressman, and USCIS have been corresponding back and forth for a year now, and all USCIS would say is "wait 60 days" (every TIME we asked what's going on without any substantial response).
    Today (Nov 2020) I got an email from the congressman saying that USCIS finally responded and will be sending me an interview notice shortly.
    Why am I getting a second interview 2 years later after there first interview without the decision made after the first interview?
    Can an asylum case negatively affect my i485? Has this happened to anyone?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X