Help with I-944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with I-944

Hello. I filed AOS for my wife without I-944 due to Injunction. Last week I received a letter stating that I need to submit this form. So I started filling it out and I have couple questions.
    Do I need to provide assets and resources if my income is greater than 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines?
    Under Educational and Occupational skills. She has occupational skills from working at certain jobs (experience) but she never got any certifications for those skills. So can I put her skills without certifications?
    Under English skills, she can speak English not perfect but she can understand and speak a little. She doesn't have and certifications for English. Do I put Yes she can speak English but leave certifications blank?
    This form is just ridiculous. They ask really dumb questions on it...
    Thanks for your help

Hi, yes, we all think the same way, it's a very stupid form. The good thing is that the Biden administration is committed to get rid off this form definitely. If your interview comes after January 20th 2021, there may be a chance that uscis wouldn't even bring it to the interview. But anyways, it's important that you send it back to them. I am adjusting status as well married to a USC, if you only knew how "empty" my form looked like, it was ridiculous, we don't have assets or much money in the bank, it was quite embarrassing actually. But hey, if they ask for it!

Anyways;

1)Yes, you have to provide any assets that can be converted into cash. I.e, a home or a car that's been paid off.

2)Under occupational skills, even though I know a bunch of stuff that can fall under "occupational skills" I don't have certificates that can prove it. I typed "N/A" on part 4, item 4 A-C.

3)Under english skills, part 4, item 5, #A, I typed in the "language" field "spanish native" and certification "N/A"
    #B I typed in the language field "english fluently" certification "N/A".
    Then I typed "N/A" on #C.

It seems that everything went well with my form because they never said anything about it. I'm sure they're going to eat me alive in the interview, but hey, hopefully that form won't be needed by the time my interview comes.

Good luck!

My timeline so far:

-01/27/20: Same sex couple, married to USC. -06/29/20: Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS.
    -06/30/20: Delivered by USPS and signed by Chicago lockbox T Thomas.
    -07/25/20: Checks cashed.
    -07/30/20: Text messages received with case confirmation numbers.
    -07/31/20: Received NOA's in the mail.
    -08/05/20: Received RFIE notification from USCIS for I-485, letter to follow via mail.
    -08/10/20: Received RFIE in the mail asking for my partner's pay stubs for the last 6 months and letter of employment.
    -09/18/20: Mailed out RFIE to Lee-Summit's office.
    -09/21/20: USCIS confirms they've received RFIE.
    -10/27/2020: Called USCIS regarding biometrics appointment not yet scheduled. USCIS send E-Request to Chicago FO.
    -11/10/2020: Immigration officer reaches out to me via phone call to explain the reason I haven't received a biometrics appointment, appointment will come eventually.
    -11/23/2020: USCIS files another E-Request for biometrics.
    -12/04/2020: USCIS confirms biometrics appointment has been scheduled and letter with details is in the mail already.
    -12/05/2020: Biometrics appointment scheduled for December 21st 2020.
    -12/21/2020: Biometrics taken.
    -12/22/2020: Biometrics applied to cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny6751 View Post
      Hi, yes, we all think the same way, it's a very stupid form. The good thing is that the Biden administration is committed to get rid off this form definitely. If your interview comes after January 20th 2021, there may be a chance that uscis wouldn't even bring it to the interview. But anyways, it's important that you send it back to them. I am adjusting status as well married to a USC, if you only knew how "empty" my form looked like, it was ridiculous, we don't have assets or much money in the bank, it was quite embarrassing actually. But hey, if they ask for it!

Anyways;

1)Yes, you have to provide any assets that can be converted into cash. I.e, a home or a car that's been paid off.

2)Under occupational skills, even though I know a bunch of stuff that can fall under "occupational skills" I don't have certificates that can prove it. I typed "N/A" on part 4, item 4 A-C.

3)Under english skills, part 4, item 5, #A, I typed in the "language" field "spanish native" and certification "N/A"
      #B I typed in the language field "english fluently" certification "N/A".
      Then I typed "N/A" on #C.

It seems that everything went well with my form because they never said anything about it. I'm sure they're going to eat me alive in the interview, but hey, hopefully that form won't be needed by the time my interview comes.

Good luck!

My timeline so far:

-01/27/20: Same sex couple, married to USC. -06/29/20: Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS.
      -06/30/20: Delivered by USPS and signed by Chicago lockbox T Thomas.
      -07/25/20: Checks cashed.
      -07/30/20: Text messages received with case confirmation numbers.
      -07/31/20: Received NOA's in the mail.
      -08/05/20: Received RFIE notification from USCIS for I-485, letter to follow via mail.
      -08/10/20: Received RFIE in the mail asking for my partner's pay stubs for the last 6 months and letter of employment.
      -09/18/20: Mailed out RFIE to Lee-Summit's office.
      -09/21/20: USCIS confirms they've received RFIE.
      -10/27/2020: Called USCIS regarding biometrics appointment not yet scheduled. USCIS send E-Request to Chicago FO.
      -11/10/2020: Immigration officer reaches out to me via phone call to explain the reason I haven't received a biometrics appointment, appointment will come eventually.
      -11/23/2020: USCIS files another E-Request for biometrics.
      -12/04/2020: USCIS confirms biometrics appointment has been scheduled and letter with details is in the mail already.
      -12/05/2020: Biometrics appointment scheduled for December 21st 2020.
      -12/21/2020: Biometrics taken.
      -12/22/2020: Biometrics applied to cases.
      Thanks for a quick response. I'll put that in. Still have to print statements from last 12 months from 3 different bank accounts. I'm using them as my assets.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X