No announcement yet.

Adjust Status to Become a Permanent Resident Through Your U.S. Citizen Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjust Status to Become a Permanent Resident Through Your U.S. Citizen Child

Hello,

Almost two year ago, when our son turned to 21 we started looking for adjust of status through our US citizen child. We went through a very hard time to find not only online source but also the law offices where can provided us clear, accurate information. Our back ground: Undocumented Parent whose overstayed visa and gave birth to US born Citizens.

Finally, we found a lawyer who experience in immigration field in the North California. With his instruction, our college student son asked his uncle to cosponsor so he could petition for his parents to apply for green cards through Adjust of Status - I 485.

Although my husband and I were sponsored by our son, applied for the same day, however, in January 2020 I was given a green card without interview. Therefore, we had gone through one year waiting for my husband’ green card - the period of extreme stress because of the harsh policies of the Trump administration, and the delay from processing due to pandemic.

Finally, on December 31. 2020 we got the approved notice from USCIS for my husband case. The estimate processing time in our local immigration office for family based is from 13 months to 18 months. It means, I was lucky to get green card in 7 months without the interview, but my husband had to attend the interview and got his green card after 18 months.

I would like to share our experience here because I know not much people adjust status like us and we are very happy to answer all the questions if some one in the same situation need more information to start his/her new journal.

Good luck to every one and Happy New Year.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X