RFE/Joint Sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE/Joint Sponsor

However, you failed to submit either Form l-864, for a qualified substitute sponsor AND/OR evidence of the claimed relationship
    You must submit
    evidence of the relationship between the applicant and the substitute sponsor. Any foreign documents must be accompanied by a complete English translation.
    • so I am sending birth certificate of my sister (substitute sponsor) to prove our siblings relationship.
    Based on the documents submitted with Form 1-864. Affidavit of Support. for the substitute sponsor XYZ, the income did not meet 125 percent (100 percent if military) of the poverty guideline for the petitioner/sponsor's household size. Submit evidence from A QUALIFYING JOINT SPONSOR.
    • Who can qualify as a JOINT SPONSOR?
    • Does he need to be a RELATIVE?
    And if so, (my wife’s brother in law) does he need to give proof of relationship?​​​​​​​

In this RFE they have clearly mentioned what they require of me to submit.
    But
    What should I write in my Cover Letter?

I have been told that I must submit proof of
    relationship of JOINT SPONSOR too?
    Is this correct?
    The joint sponsor will need to submit:
    A completed and signed Form I-864 for the joint sponsor. All pages must be present and of the same revision date (what is this same revision date?)

• A copy of the joint sponsor's Federal income tax return for the most recent year 1040 • A copy of the joint sponsor's supporting tax documents (-2) 1099s. Form 2555, and tax schedules) paystub that you filed with your Federal income tax return
    • Evidence of the joint sponsor's status as a United States citizen. United States National, or Lawful Permanent Resident

Note: The "Total Income" line on IRS Form 1040 is used to determine qualifying income for a sponsor, not

the "Gross Receipts" from IRS Schedule C or C-EZ.

. You must submit evidence that an immigrant visa petition has been filed on your behalf on or before the date of filing Form 1-485. Such evidence includes:

• Form I-797, Notice of Action, for Form 1-129F (Petitioner for Alien Fiance(e))✅

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative✅

Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant

. Form I-171, Notice of Approval from the Consular Office

• Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

. Form 1-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur

If you are not filing as the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition, eligibility to become a Lawful Permanent Resident
    submit documentation in support of your

If you do not have Form I-130 filed on your behalf, you may withdraw Form 1-485 by responding to this request with a letter stating that you wish to withdraw Form 1-485. Note: Per Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations. Section 103.2(b)(12)any 1-130 petition filed after this 1-485 application was received by the Service will not make you eligible for adjustment of status with this Form 1-485.

When You Need To Do It

You must submit the requested information by March 19, 2021.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X