EAD Renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Renewal?

So my EAD runs out in April mid month sometime which isn't that far away it seems, I'm still waiting upon our Interview which I've now rescheduled twice due to Covid (Wifey had appendix out and caught something) so luckily they allowed us to reschedule the interview but no idea when it will be, last time took a month to get a new one but could be longer so really my question is, should I go ahead and apply for a new EAD card and how do I doit? Like how I applied last time?

Yes, apply for EAD, follow the instructions and attach a copy of your I-485 receipt.

It is taking a long time to get receipts/renewals. Last renewal it took around a few weeks to get the renewal, now I'm on week 6 and still no receipt or text with a case number.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Depending on your category. As long as the EAD renewal is received by USCIS before or on your expiration date of your EAD, you will receive an automatic 180 day extension from the time your EAD expires.

Comment

The problem of sending the EAD close to the expiration date, even if your category is one with an automatic 180-day extension, is that your EAD will expire and you will not have the letter needed to extend the EAD.

I sent my second renewal this past January and it took them 9 weeks to send the letter. My EAD is expired and I'm working with the extension.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X