Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had I-485 Interview in June 2019; No Update at all from the USCIS

Hi IMMI Friends,

I've been super stressed since my case is going no where. My case is current. I had AOS Interview on June 2019 but I have not gotten any receipt or RFE or approval for my Greencard. It's frustrating not hearing at all about your case. I check everyday but no update.

I've filed multiple SR requests and all I get is either "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision, or schedule an interview, or if we need something from you."

OR

"Since the date we received your Inquiry, a request for you to be schedule for an 2nd Interview has been entered into our system. You should receive a notice when time is available."

I don't know what to believe at this point. Especially the response from them that "schedule for an 2nd interview has been entered into our system" is confusing to me because they have said this multiple times in last year and most of the time they just say "It's pending adjudication and they are unable to provide completion date. "

My AOS filing is through my work. I'm a full time employee at an American company with whom I've been working for more than 5 years (they filed my GC). I've never worked while I was a student and I don't have any speeding tickets or any kind of criminal background. My EAD has been renewed for 2nd time at this point.

Why it is taking so long is making me scared.

If anybody has been in this situation, please let me know how it went.

What is my next option in my case? Can I reach out to congressperson from my district or senator from my state? Would that help?

Any info you guys/girls can provide would be very helpful!!

Thanks!

Are you EB3? did your category retrogress during 2019/2020? When the civil surgeon signed your I693?

I have read some cases that for no reason take a very long time. I guess you will need to do your physical for I693 again, they may send an RFE and waive the interview or ask you to bring the sealed envelope to a new interview. You can reach your representative or the USCIS ombudsman
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hi,
      We are in the same boat. I got my interview in October 2019. And there's no updates since then.

Originally posted by Conquer4ear View Post
      Hi IMMI Friends,

I've been super stressed since my case is going no where. My case is current. I had AOS Interview on June 2019 but I have not gotten any receipt or RFE or approval for my Greencard. It's frustrating not hearing at all about your case. I check everyday but no update.

I've filed multiple SR requests and all I get is either "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision, or schedule an interview, or if we need something from you."

OR

"Since the date we received your Inquiry, a request for you to be schedule for an 2nd Interview has been entered into our system. You should receive a notice when time is available."

I don't know what to believe at this point. Especially the response from them that "schedule for an 2nd interview has been entered into our system" is confusing to me because they have said this multiple times in last year and most of the time they just say "It's pending adjudication and they are unable to provide completion date. "

My AOS filing is through my work. I'm a full time employee at an American company with whom I've been working for more than 5 years (they filed my GC). I've never worked while I was a student and I don't have any speeding tickets or any kind of criminal background. My EAD has been renewed for 2nd time at this point.

Why it is taking so long is making me scared.

If anybody has been in this situation, please let me know how it went.

What is my next option in my case? Can I reach out to congressperson from my district or senator from my state? Would that help?

Any info you guys/girls can provide would be very helpful!!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Enub4 - Thanks for your response. It did retrogress during September/October but I thought that's common every year?

Yeah I'm planning on reaching out to the congressperson.

Hi Godblessus2021 Hi - Did you take any action? Trying to call USCIS or opening SR requests? If you did, did you get similar responses like mine or anything else in addition?

Also, did you try reaching out to your representative? Let me know if you have any more info please.

Hope we all get some update soon!!

Comment

Had my interview in October 2018 and still nothing from them. Am over it all just living my life.
          May 02, 18 - File all forms together
          May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
          May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
          May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
          May 18, 18 - RFIE
          May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
          June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
          Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
          Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
          Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
          Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
          Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

Originally posted by scubby3 View Post
            Had my interview in October 2018 and still nothing from them. Am over it all just living my life.
            What type of AOS? Employer based? Marriage based?

Comment

Marriage based..
              May 18, 18 - RFIE

Comment

Originally posted by scubby3 View Post
                Marriage based..
                So no communications or updates at all since 2018? No RFE, no stokes interview?

Your case definitely qualifies for a Mandamus lawsuit. Costly I know, but going on three years is past ridiculous.

For our marriage based adjustment, my I-130 petition was approved last week. Still no movement on the I-485 though.

For background, our filing was back in October 2017 and we finally had the interview October 8, 2020 (yeah three years of waiting, inquiries, congressional requests, etc.).

Comment

Each time I tried reaching out to them they keep telling me my case in active reviews so I should wait. I ain't even thinking about it anymore i use to let it stress me out not anymore am just living my life.
                  May 18, 18 - RFIE

Comment

File the writ of mandamus! They will call you within 30days if you can pay the cost! All d best!

Comment

Same here.

Interview in October/2019, then first RFE asking paystubs and IRS transcripts, and then a second RFE because they are confused about my income and taxes. I explained everything in Novermber/2019. Just two months ago I was able to create an inquire (based on estimated times) and I got the same: "Our records show that your I-485 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.".

I am ROW, concurrent.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X