Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biometrics appointment... Twice?! Walk in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics appointment... Twice?! Walk in?

Hi guys!
    I applied for green card in August 2020 (marriage to US) and currently I still have nothing, no work permit or AP.

I already gave my biometrics on March 8th 2021 - apparently it was for the I-485 application only and now the status is "waiting to schedule for an interview" or something like that.

As for the EAD + AP no news yet!
    I just got a letter saying that I should give my biometrics once again on May 28th, 2021, but it mentions only the i-765 form (the work permit).

Do i have to expect to receive a third appointment for the AP (form i-131)?

And also, what if I simply went to the field office asking if I can gave my biometrics as a walk in as I already gave them (taking the appointment notice with me, showing that I actually have an appointment in the future)? Did anybody do that and was successful?

I have a difficult family situation in my home country and I would really be happy if I could avoid waiting 3 more weeks to give my biometrics as I already gave them, not to mention that I sent my application almost a year ago and I currently am still in a limbo where I basically have nothing (can't work, travel, drive, etc.)

I am currently in Sacramento, California and my case is processed by the National Benefits Center

Thank you all!!
    Last edited by Bieloanya; 05-09-2021, 06:37 PM.

I 765 and I 131 is one combo card as far as I know, so if you received date for biometrics for I 765 that should mean both(since is one card). I know they used to do walk ins but They stopped, so I don't know. may be try to call and talk to an agent and see if they can give you an appointment earlier if you explain that you have situation, but even then could be another month or two after the biometrics to get the actual card.

Comment

UPDATE

Thank you for your reply!! So here are some updates from me, as in the end I decided to go to the ASC this morning (May 10th) and see weather they would allow me to give my biometrics even if my appointment was for the 28th.

Well... They did!
      There was literally nobody, not a single person waiting to do the biometrics... I don't understand why they give appointment so far away in time if their facilities are everything but busy.

Anyway, the receptionist was pretty huffy with me, acting as if I were annoying her.
      She had to talk to the manager, who agreed to see me.
      He checked my identity, asked me a couple of questions, including why I wanted to give the biometrics earlier than the appointment day and in the end approved to process them today.

They took my picture again and took only my right index fingerprint (they took a Pic of me and took all 10 my fingerprints back in March, when I gave my biometrics for the i-485 application)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X