Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOS Interview: Husband Petitioner and His Birth Certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview: Husband Petitioner and His Birth Certificate?

Hello, I'm a first time writer, long time.. Lurker of these fine forums. I have recently received 797 for my initial interview. What you should know about me is that I am quite overly cautious when it comes to details and what it says on those notice of actions... So I need your help @_@

My husband and I got married May of last year and he's a naturalized citizen. He was only a baby when he immigrated and he does not have any contacts in his home country of South Korea. I am totally excited about this interview, but there is irritating bug that keeps buzzing around my head. In the details of the NOA, it says that my spouse needs to bring his birth certificate AND his Citizenship/naturalization papers. We can provide the naturalization information quite easily, but we have no idea how to obtain that birth certificate o_o Does he really need to bring it in or am I just being overly cautious again? Just to note, he got naturalized a little over a year ago and we haven't gotten the chance to get his US passport yet.

My interview is September 14th. I really appreciate all your help and knowledge. Thank you!!

-Jane, hopeful newbie housewife

Has your husband tried contacting the south Korea embassy to get a copy of his birth certificate?

Even without the birth certificate I would still go to the interview. My wife's paperwork was not quite correct (long story) but we did not need a second interview. They gave us a form to send in with our corrected paperwork. Bring what you can and keep working on getting what you don't have.
    My Fiancee arrived here on a K-1 VISA.
    Conditional GreenCard has been received.

Comment

contact the Embassy

Like Russell said, try to contact the SK Embassy for that matter. Chances are that it wont be necessary since he has a valid SK passport and also his naturalization papers. i would not worry about the american passport as long as the SK passport has not expired! Best of luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X