Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immigration Officer Requested an unknown file??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Officer Requested an unknown file??????????

So i have been searching for someone with an even remotely close experience like i am actively going through, but i cant find anyone. let me know if you can relate.

I am married to USC (naturalized a couple a months before my green card petition was submitted), we have 2 kids together who turn 12 this year and we have been married since 2012.

We submitted everything and to anyone with a working brain you'd see it was obvious our relationship isn't a fraudulent one. We submitted 3 sets of documents for myself and our 2 kids and we all went in for the interview in the beginning of december.

Interview went great except the for the officer was confused in the beginning assuming that my children were from another relationship, they were not. Other than that everything went great, no criminal records, nothing weird or "out the norm". The officer then told us to wait a couple a days as she was waiting for a file in order to make her decision.

Fast forward to January 2021, my kids applications were approved, mine wasnt, no decision. In fact the status still says "Interview is scheduled".

I've made 2 infopass within the past 5 months with the latest one being yesterday. The response was "The officer has requested a file in order to make a decision on your case and hasnt received it yet".

I asked, what is the nature of the file and is it something that i may have or may be able to get or have expedited, Their response is "they dont know what the file is thats why they are waiting on it to see what it is"

Now, i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but that makes literally ZERO sense to me. You are waiting for a file that YOU requested but you dont have no clue what that file that YOU requested is?

My apologies for the ranting but has anyone ever had this experience or anything similar?
    Last edited by kemkev; 05-26-2021, 09:15 AM.
    Married with kids to USC,
    chicago lockbox South jersey
    3 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765

Timeline so far:

07/18/2020: Package delivered to Lockbox location
    07/20/2020: Priority Date
    08/07/2020: Fingerprint fee was accepted
    08/11/2020: money orders cashed
    08/28/2020: Notice for fingerprint
    09/10/2020: Fingerprint done
    10/1/2020: Fingerprint was applied to case
    10/27/2020: Interview was scheduled
    11/2/2020: notification in mail Interview
    12/4/2020: Interview Done
    waiting, for status update

anyone?

Timeline so far:

Comment

I have plenty to rant about but it's nothing like your situation.

What I will say is that some of our frustration seems to be caused by either training issues or lack of experience, or both even! Our own marriage based case was extended several months (after having tortured us for a few years) because the IO's lack of experienced led to him missing a couple vital questions. I believe that during the post-interview review process, a senior IO must have pointed out the unanswered questions. This triggered a second interview.

Regarding the IO's apparent lack of experience, our interpreter is no stranger to the process and noted that the IO didn't work in an orderly fashion that she had experienced with more senior IO's. She pointed out that whereas an experienced IO would have all documents and pages pre-marked to quickly move through, our IO was flipping back and forth through multiple documents in a chaotic fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Poramin View Post
        I have plenty to rant about but it's nothing like your situation.

What I will say is that some of our frustration seems to be caused by either training issues or lack of experience, or both even! Our own marriage based case was extended several months (after having tortured us for a few years) because the IO's lack of experienced led to him missing a couple vital questions. I believe that during the post-interview review process, a senior IO must have pointed out the unanswered questions. This triggered a second interview.

Regarding the IO's apparent lack of experience, our interpreter is no stranger to the process and noted that the IO didn't work in an orderly fashion that she had experienced with more senior IO's. She pointed out that whereas an experienced IO would have all documents and pages pre-marked to quickly move through, our IO was flipping back and forth through multiple documents in a chaotic fashion.
        Wow! I know they have to deal with thousands of application but this kind of tardiness is awful and i do believe it can be better, i dont think any applicant should be allowed to leave an interview without specific knowledge on whatever decision is made on their case. If they cannot approve, they need to say "I cannot approve because....... and state issue".. How about training all the IO so less need is their for a superior over them to make a decision, why have somebody do the interview then refer to a whole other person to make a decision when a major part of any interview is body language. Things obvious in an actual interview may not be as obvious on paper... sigh. this is aggravating.

Timeline so far:

Comment

maybe they were waiting on the background check to be completed, though that is usually done before the interview is scheduled.

Comment

I assume your kids became automatic citizens once they received their green cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Pochi View Post
              I assume your kids became automatic citizens once they received their green cards.
              yes my kids citizenship were automatic once they received their green cards.

Timeline so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Pochi View Post
                most definitely is not background check, i asked that question specifically and they told me the background checks were completed and are fine but they are waiting for "another file" to come in, what kinda file ...they dont know.

Timeline so far: