Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biometric photo ID - supporting documents for name 'different from identification'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometric photo ID - supporting documents for name 'different from identification'?

My SO received a I-797C ASC appointment notice with the date and time of the appointment, scheduled in June, for the I485 and I765 applications. This is a marriage based green card application. My SO changed her name as part of the marriage process, though has not yet gotten a new DL (as she wants to do REALID when she gets an SSN) or a new passport (waiting on this to expire in just over a year).

Hence, she has no 'valid government issued photo identification' with her new married name. This is also the name that is on all the documents completed for the green card application. We only have the marriage certificate, and bank accounts/credit cards, etc. with the new name.

Is the marriage certificate sufficient 'supporting documentation' to show at the ASC offices in support of why her name is different?

Please share if you have any experiences with this. I was thinking of having her complete an application for a new driver's licence, as then she would have the temporary DL that she could use for the appointment, though I'm not sure if this is overkill and unnecessary? Any shared experiences would be appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X