Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I-140. Pending I-485 AC21 portability experience

Hi,
    I work full time for my employer on H1B. I have filed for I-485 adjustment of status with my employer in October 2020. I have an approved I-140. I am considering moving cities for personal reasons and transferring to a different office and work in the same position/role for the same employer but a different city. I understand I have the option of AC21 portability since it has been over 180 days since my I-485 was filed. I would like to know if anyone has successfully gotten a green card after using the AC21 portability rule. Anything I need to be cautious about while using this rule? Any past experiences or information will help us make this decision. Thanks!

If you are going to work in the same position for the same employer then you only need to change the address, no?
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

No. apparently location change results in a 'job change' from USCIS's perspective so it's treated same as changing employers. With approved I-140 and I-485 pending more than 180 days, one can qualify for AC21 portability where you dont need to file PERM and I-140 again for the green card.

Comment

Perm was filed for a specific position in a given metro area.
        Any location change or position change or employer change would trigger a AC 21.
        since it’s for the same company & same position but different area, you wont have any issues in obtaining a green card after AC21
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X