Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petitioner/sponsor tax prob & sponsor advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petitioner/sponsor tax prob & sponsor advice needed...

Hi, we need help, my Husband has applied for Adjustment of Status and I am the petitioner...

Everything was going smoothly until we hit a bump with the Affidavit of Support. You see I'm young and have never worked before and have never needed to file taxes but they are asking for my income tax returns...
    We have a joint sponsor who meets the requirements based on her yearly income but they are still asking for my tax information. What can/should we do? We were under the impression that I, being the petitioner had to file a Affidavit of Support regardless of my employment/income status. If not is there any way to remove myself as being the main/first sponsor? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, our joint sponsor did not make enough income this past year due to being sick, however her yearly salary she should be making meets the income requirements. She has no assets to add to her income but she can prove her job pays enough... Will the affect anything? Would finding a second joint sponsor help?

Any help would be appreciated.

I would also like to add, the reason I am not working is that my husband is disabled and I am his primary care provider,
    Last edited by vandel; 09-14-2010, 06:43 PM. Reason: additional information

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X