Pls Help.. Working on EAD and 485 denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help.. Working on EAD and 485 denied

I am working on a EAD that I got through my wife's GC process (she is still working on H1 even though she has EAD). We knew her GC may have problems as her I-140 was denied and was in appeal for a long time. So I filed a brand new GC for which PERM and I-140 was approved and I just filed new 485/EAD/AP as my PD date is current.

We just came to know that our 485 was denied that was filed through my wife's GC process. However the linked EAD was not denied.

My question: Can I still work on my existing EAD as it has not been denied? If I do work, will it have any issues with the recent 485/EAD/AP application that I just filed ?

Please let me know you thoughts !!

Can someone answer or post your comment on this case?
    Thanks,

Comment

Re

I am not an expert but i have gone through a similar situation. I filed my green card since 2005 and my I-140 was denied. My lawyer appealed but it took more than a year for USCIS to finalize the answer that my process was rejected. At that time, I had an H1 so we submitted the second GC process under a correct category. It took me more than 5 years and I still have not got my GC yet.

Now, I am in the final step of I 485. I am working on EAD. My lawyer told me that they cannot take your work permit even though your I 485 get cancelled. However, even if you are in trouble having no visa, you are allowed to be in the US not more than 180 days to be able to adjust your status. Since i have no visa now and i got into trouble because USCIS sent me a receipt notice 7 days after my h1 visa expired. My lawyer said i am still ok and recommended me to leave the country before 180 days which i did and came back under advanced parole.

I think your case is fine. Don't worry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X