X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-485 RFE for 1-864s filed with OPT EAD but now working using СРТ

Hi everyone,

Got my 1-485 RFE this morning, its asking for:
    1. proof for my legal/authorized employment. im the intended immigrant, my most recent tax return qualified for 125% of federal poverty guidelines
    2. It's saying I need a joint sponsor. my wife's income is not enough cuz she is a full-time student and she's using my income to sponsor me

I filed 1-485 and 1-130 when I was still on F-1 OPT EAD, shortly after that I enrolled in a master program and have been working using CPT since.

for the 1st part of the RFE, Is the it ONLY asking for my new I-20 with CPT authorization? do I need to contact my school to get the RFE package from them as well?
    And for the 2nd part, is it saying that I MUST get a joint sponsor even if my wife uses my income to qualify?

Thanks in advance guys this is so intense. we filed on our own hoping it would be straightforward but knowing that feds can deny the applications if the RFE is not good enough is just nerve wrecking

It seems like there might be some confusion in your query, and I'll do my best to provide information based on the termsyou've mentioned. However, it's important to note that immigration matters can be complex and may require consultation with an immigration attorney for precise guidance tailored to your situation.​

Comment

If your income can be counted, then a joint sponsor is not needed.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

• If you received a Request for Evidence regarding your I-485 application, it means that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) needs additional documentation or information to make a decision on your case. Make sure to carefully review the RFE notice and provide the requested information within the specified timeframe.
        1. I-864 Affidavit of Support:
          • The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form that is often required in the context of family-based immigration. It is used to demonstrate that the intending immigrant has financial support in the U.S. This form is typically associated with family-sponsored green card applications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X