Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485 was current when I filed, but retrogressed eventully. Will USCIS still process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 was current when I filed, but retrogressed eventully. Will USCIS still process?

I am from India, currently in US on L1-A. I cuncurrently filed I-140 and I485 last year in Oct, 2022 when the status was current. I recieved I-140 approval few month ago. Couple of weeks back I got RFE for Medical in spite of filing it along with I-485, anyhow I resubmitted the medical.
    Will the USCIS process my I-485 since it was current when I filed in last year 2022?​

Your I-485 will remain pending, and you get the benefits of a pending I-485, including renewing EAD and Advance Parole for free for as long as your I-485 is pending. But your I-485 cannot be approved until a visa number is available for your priority date in the Final Action Date chart.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Do you know why they sent Medical RFE if they are not actively processing I-485? I-140 was approved on 12th Jan 2023 and at that time the final action date was current.
      Last edited by giri_aqua; 11-12-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X