Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-864 Affidavit of Support Income Question. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Affidavit of Support Income Question. Please help!

Hi. I have a question about I-864 as I am petitioning my husband. It's the question "my current individual annual income." I am not sure how to calculate this because from February I began working for Uber East, Doordash & Grubhub, and I made different monthly income for the three apps, which is not W-2. Just to give you an example, for this February, I made $5,693 for Doordash, Uber Eats $3,475, and Grubhub $1,162. So for February, I made $10,330, while for March, I made different amounts for all the three and made $7,456, for April it was $8,000 and the different income for the apps different as every month. Anyways, so how in the world would I put a set amount of "my current individual annual income" would be if it's not like I am getting $5,000 every month and can calculate what I will make from February to December? Also, I own a paid-off home which I am renting out so I'm also a landlord for two years and my 2023 tax return, my total income is $36,350, and this year, I'm still charging the same rent amount, so for my landlord income, should I just include my 2023 tax return as this year's landlord income or how should I prove my landlord 2024 income? Thank you

This is tricky. Usually, for a salaried job, you would put your current annual salary, even if you just started, but you don't have a fixed income job. For self-employment, you would normally put last year's income from last year's Schedule C, but you just started this year, so I am not sure you can put any income from this. The rental income is stable income and you can probably put last year's income.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      This is tricky. Usually, for a salaried job, you would put your current annual salary, even if you just started, but you don't have a fixed income job. For self-employment, you would normally put last year's income from last year's Schedule C, but you just started this year, so I am not sure you can put any income from this. The rental income is stable income and you can probably put last year's income.
      Can I do a median income of what I have received so far since February by submitting the income statements for each month so far, then average them all into one number? Like for February adding all the three app incomes, then dividing into 3?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X