Immigration Forms Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Forms Question

Hello. I am petitioning for my husband who is out of status in the US for green card. I just wanted to make sure that I got the right forms filled out and that I am not missing any other forms from submitting all at once. So far, I have completed I-130 (me), I-130A (him), I-485 (adjustment of his status from out of status to legal), & I-765 (employment), & I-864 Affidavit of Support. Is this all the forms required by me for my petition or am I missing something else? I'm not interested in travel doc as that's not a requirement, but an option. We aren't planning to travel outside of the US just yet. Please advise.

P.S. It seems that some of these forms require the same supporting docs, but even though I have collected the necessary docs, they are all in one copy to be sent, which I'm assuming is ok, since it's not like I have to send the same doc 4 times just because I'm submitting those several forms all at once, right? I also have 2 passport-type photos for both, and I'm guessing it will be enough for all those docs? I'd appreciate your help please so that I can send those out.​

I-765 is optional also, so if he doesn't need an EAD or SSN he can skip that and save some money. Both EAD and Advance Parole are optional but might be useful "just in case", so whether to apply for them depends on how you guys balance the fees vs. the risk of needing it if something unexpected happens.

I-864 is a supporting document of the I-485. So is I-693 for the medical.

In my opinion, you should provide the documents needed by each form with each form, even if they are requested by multiple forms. I don't think there are many documents that are requested by many forms; the photos is one of them.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      I-765 is optional also, so if he doesn't need an EAD or SSN he can skip that and save some money. Both EAD and Advance Parole are optional but might be useful "just in case", so whether to apply for them depends on how you guys balance the fees vs. the risk of needing it if something unexpected happens.

I-864 is a supporting document of the I-485. So is I-693 for the medical.

In my opinion, you should provide the documents needed by each form with each form, even if they are requested by multiple forms. I don't think there are many documents that are requested by many forms; the photos is one of them.
      Thanks so much for your info. I've never heard of I-693. So I need to provide this too as a required doc? I've never heard of the form until you mentioned it. Also, I found out yesterday that if I am submitting I-764 for employment with I-485, then that I-764 will be free, otherwise, I would have to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fem_fem View Post
        I've never heard of I-693. So I need to provide this too as a required doc? I've never heard of the form until you mentioned it.
        ​You need to give I-693 to the civil surgeon doing the medical (or the civil surgeon can print it out themselves). You complete Parts 1-4. The civil surgeon completes Parts 5-10, and then puts the completed form along with other documents related to the medical in a sealed envelope, which needs to be included with your I-485. (Technically, the I-693 doesn't have to be included with the I-485; it can be submitted later in response to an RFE or at the interview, but that may delay it. Given that an Immediate Relative I-485 should be relatively fast, it is best to include the I-693 with the I-485 unless there is some reason it can't be. See the I-485 instructions.

Originally posted by fem_fem View Post
        Also, I found out yesterday that if I am submitting I-764 for employment with I-485, then that I-764 will be free, otherwise, I would have to pay for it.
        ​No. I-765 for EAD based on a pending I-485 is $260 for any I-485 filed after April 1, 2024. It's the same fee regardless of if the I-765 is filed together with the I-485 or filed after the I-485.
        Last edited by newacct; 07-14-2024, 08:49 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X