Prepare for AOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for AOS

Hi everybody here. I have a question that really bother me. I got married with USC and we live in NY now. I have a MI driver licence, plate and title. How important is this for interview, meaning I have to change it to NY state now? I know by the law if you are a new resident, after 1 month you have to change it. But my problem is, that my job require me to move from state to state. MI (6 months) FL (2 months) and NY (4 months). Is not possible to change it all the time I move, lots of money. Plus we are renting at the moment a house, but we are planning to move out of state.Or is this really important if I'm trying to adjust my status? Anyone had the same situation? Please help

Originally posted by ustiacity View Post
    Hi everybody here. I have a question that really bother me. I got married with USC and we live in NY now. I have a MI driver licence, plate and title. How important is this for interview, meaning I have to change it to NY state now? I know by the law if you are a new resident, after 1 month you have to change it. But my problem is, that my job require me to move from state to state. MI (6 months) FL (2 months) and NY (4 months). Is not possible to change it all the time I move, lots of money. Plus we are renting at the moment a house, but we are planning to move out of state.Or is this really important if I'm trying to adjust my status? Anyone had the same situation? Please help
    Interview for what? AOS? not sure what you are asking but drivres licencing does not come up for AOS and if you have interview then you need to supply evidence of a bonafide marriage is all.

Comment

Originally posted by barbarajlw View Post
      Interview for what? AOS? not sure what you are asking but drivres licencing does not come up for AOS and if you have interview then you need to supply evidence of a bonafide marriage is all.
      Thank you barbarajlw, yes for AOS interview. I asked because living together is a part of marriage, and I'm scare not to get any question like: How come you live in NY but you driver license is from MI, you think this may be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ustiacity View Post
        Thank you barbarajlw, yes for AOS interview. I asked because living together is a part of marriage, and I'm scare not to get any question like: How come you live in NY but you driver license is from MI, you think this may be a problem?
        You are married yes? Then for AOS I doubt very much this will come up at all and if it did then you would explain your business as a driver and that you travel interstate a lot but live in NY.
        But just thinking that now you live in NY you should have a NY drivers license. As i know when my husband moved here from Arizona he had to have a Georgia license. But if you are not planning on staying it should not be a problem. I don't really think you will have a problem this question wont come up only what you do for a living and this is only if you have an interview which may or may not happen. Don't worry too much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X