Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 pending after I-130 approval following FDNS field visit

Case timelines:

2003: Applied for political asylum, asylum case was transferred to the court.

2004: During asylum case pending, I got married to a USC. Due to pending asylum case, I couldn’t file I-130 and I-485 simultaneously. So only my husband filed I-130 for me.

2005: we went for interview for I-130 in Los Angeles Office. Interview didn’t go very well. We were stumbled on the questions of relatives’ name. The officer asked me his parents’ name. Since I never met them, both of his parents passed away many years ago, I couldn’t come up with his father’s name since my husband always uses “my Dad” “my Mom’’ when talking about his parents. My husband couldn’t come up with two of my three sibling’s name since he never met them (they are living outside the US), he could only remember one of my sisters’ name because she visited US and met him in 2005. After the I-130 interview, we had this very long long long wait. Thank God and thanks to my husband’s financial and emotion support, I didn’t go crazy.

2009: the judge closed my asylum case administrately.

April 2009: I filed I-485 while I-130 pending under the advice of my lawyer after the asylum case was closed. I got the EAD 3 months later.

Sep. 2009: we went for I-485 interview in Los Angeles Office without lawyer. The officer didn’t grill us, just told us she needed to reunite I-485 file with I-130 and the I-130 case is under extended review.

April 2010: USCIS FDNS two officers showed up at our house 6 years after I-130 filing. My husband and I were so happy to see them. This home visit went very well.

Aug. 2010: we received I-130 approval 3 ½ months after the immigration officers’ home visit. On the approval letter it says,” the beneficiary will be informed of the decision made on the pending application to become a lawful permanent resident”. We called our lawyer. He says there is no any action needed on our part, just wait for the I-485 approval.

Question: It’s been 6 months since the approval of I-130; we haven’t heard anything from USCIS. What do we need to do to speed up the process or to know where my case is at? I started feeling anxious and worrying that my case may get lost in somewhere.
    Last edited by Alicia600; 02-15-2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: typo

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X