Case Transfered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Transfered

The request for Adjustment of status for my husband was transferred to California.

What does that mean for us?

Does that mean faster or longer processing times?

Does that mean he won't have an interview since we live in Texas?

Any and all info will help. Thanks!

LT

Originally posted by leavell66 View Post
    The request for Adjustment of status for my husband was transferred to California.

What does that mean for us?

Does that mean faster or longer processing times?

Does that mean he won't have an interview since we live in Texas?

Any and all info will help. Thanks!

LT
    Usually when they are transferred to CSC it will move much quicker and no interview. Even if you had an interview it would be in Texas and a local service centre near you. Mine was transferred and no interview.

Comment

No Interview

Well I guess that's good news for us.

From the time you received the transfer notice, how long was your processing?

Have you already received your work authorization?

Thanks!
      LT

Comment

Well I guess that's good news for us.

From the time you received the transfer notice, how long was your processing?

Have you already received your work authorization?

Thanks!
        LT
        I have my GC darl. We were transferred 22nd Feb and I got GC 11th March.
        I had my EAD card 3 weeks after bio

Comment

Timeframe

Wow, the case was transfered on FEb 22nd and you received your greencard on March 11th?

That was fast!

When did you send the paperwork?

What was your timeline for the adjustment of status?

Thanks!
          LT

Comment

Wow, the case was transfered on FEb 22nd and you received your greencard on March 11th?

That was fast!

When did you send the paperwork?

What was your timeline for the adjustment of status?

Thanks!
            LT

I made a mistake sorry we were transferred Dec lol man I have so many dates in my head. so from Oct to March I got GC(5 months) and we had 2 RFE as they wanted 1040 tax return and they lost my medical. I got that sorted and did not have to have another medical as I found the test results they wanted and also was able to get emailed my medical from Australia. But after transfer it was just over 8 weeks. 2 months.

Filed AOS 10/19/2010
            Receipt AOS 10/29/2010
            RFE 02/03/2011
            Bio APP. 12/21/2010
            Trans CSC 12/22/2010
            Apprved 03/03/2011
            Received GC 03/11/2011
            Last edited by barbarajlw; 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Well it took three months to be transfered in your case right?

We got the first receipt on 6/1 and my husband was supposed to complete his Bio on 6/22 but we walked into the office on 6/8 and were able to complete the BIO early since he had to leave for California 6/19-7/2.

He completed his BIO on 6/8 and then we received notice as of 6/18 or so that the case was transfered to California. So the case had only been pending for about 2 weeks and it was transfered.

That means he might get his greencard in 8 weeks if we are lucky?

That would be nice. What if he receives his greencard before Work Authorization, what does that mean? Would it be ok for him to work?

Thanks!
              LT

Comment

Well it took three months to be transfered in your case right?

We got the first receipt on 6/1 and my husband was supposed to complete his Bio on 6/22 but we walked into the office on 6/8 and were able to complete the BIO early since he had to leave for California 6/19-7/2.

He completed his BIO on 6/8 and then we received notice as of 6/18 or so that the case was transfered to California. So the case had only been pending for about 2 weeks and it was transfered.

That means he might get his greencard in 8 weeks if we are lucky?

That would be nice. What if he receives his greencard before Work Authorization, what does that mean? Would it be ok for him to work?

Thanks!
                LT
                Oh yeah he could quite possibly get GC before EAD and so EAD wont be needed he can work just with the GC. But I would say he will get EAD card very soon like possible next week. Mine came about 3 weeks after Bio

Comment

hi

same thing with me , they transferred my case to california last may and now i checked the status they're requesting for evidence. i dunno why. i have to wait for the notice what eveidence they needed.

Comment

Transferred

That happened to us as well. He didn't sign one of the forms so they sent a request for evidence just asking for us to sign that form again.

Don't worry since it might be something simple like that.

Good news, he didn't have to interview and was approved about a week after he sent the additional paperwork in.

The process was fast and smooth for us. I was really surprised that he didn't have to interview.

Hope everything works for you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X