Biometrics appt...Is there a backlog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics appt...Is there a backlog?

I received my i-797s for my i-485 and my i-765 exactly 2 months ago and have not heard anything since. When I checked the case numbers online it says that the biometrics appointment is usually sent by mail within 30 days after they receive your application. Anyone received an appointment letter very recently? If so, how long did they take to send it to you after you received your notice of receipt?

Thanks

Biometrics Appointment

Hi! USCIS received my packet last July 27,2011. I received e-mail notification last Aug. 12. NOA sent Aug. 12 and Biometric appointment sent Aug. 16 which I received both last Aug. 19. My biometrics appointment will be on Sept. 6, 2011.

I'm planning to post/share my experiences once the process is done/finish.

Maybe yours is coming soon.

Comment

If you are 30 days past the date on the receipt, then call the number on the receipt and put in a service request for a biometric appointment. The immigrant has to make to call. Ours came less than a week after putting in a service request. Other people have walked in to their closest ACS (biometric place) and the people there generated an appointment for them.

Comment

I called the customer service number 2 weeks ago. They told me they sent notification to the people who generate the appointments to let them know that I never received one. I still haven't heard anything from them. Just seems strange that its taking them this long to send mine when everyone else that I ask tells me they get their appointments within a week or two after they get the 797.

I don't get it. My case status online still says 'initial review' and that they are verifying the information in the application. I'm just trying to understand exactly what it is that they are verifying because I was told that the background checking process begins after they receive the biometrics stuff. And if something is missing or the application wasn't done correctly shouldn't they have sent some type of notice to me by now?

I'm beginning to wonder if mine will be one of those cases that lingers on and on in limbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlene View Post
          Hi! USCIS received my packet last July 27,2011. I received e-mail notification last Aug. 12. NOA sent Aug. 12 and Biometric appointment sent Aug. 16 which I received both last Aug. 19. My biometrics appointment will be on Sept. 6, 2011.

I'm planning to post/share my experiences once the process is done/finish.

Maybe yours is coming soon.
          Unfortunately, it won't be coming any time soon. I received an e-mail response from USCIS on Friday. According to that e-mail there is a backlog at the ASC that's handling my case. How long does it take to fingerprint a person, LOL? They have suspended processing my case because they are waiting on the biometrics and background check info, and the ASC that does the biometrics in this area seems to be dragging its feet with the fingerprinting. I can't even get an appointment to get fingerprinted---which, when you think about it, is quite ridiculous. All they have to do is set a date and a time after their last scheduled fingerprinting appointment. Oh well...
          Last edited by demedja; 09-04-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X